Help, stuck in a parking lot

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spicers are a mechanical linkage transmission. there is an adjustment on the clutch disc, but I fear when you go from clutch to no clutch there is deeper problems.

Truv

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
this is the clutch pedal pushed to the floor, there is a gap so it is moving.

Truv

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
this is the debris that I found when I opened the inspection plate at the bottom of the bell housing.

Truv

Reaction score
I'm on my iPhone and I don't have access to a computer at the moment. I am able to rpm shift it but the clutch pedal is useless.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm on my iPhone and I don't have access to a computer at the moment. I am able to rpm shift it but the clutch pedal is useless.

You can do it from your phone. But I'm sure you could just email the pics to a member here, and they'd post them for you.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad clutch to me also
What you need to do is start it in gear and what I call is float the gears in other words shift without using the clutch.
But becarefukk especially if have never done this before, it can be dangerous in heavy traffic but if you have done this before it should be easy for you

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure this isn't a Clark? I rented a 26' with a Clark in it. Never looked too closely at the clutch linkage though. It was a 5 speed, and all the gears were low. LOL

Truv

Reaction score
Well sorry for the long wait but the website went wonky on me and it only now allowed me to reset my password.

Update on the truck and clutch issue: bad clutch, completely worn out and a hefty $1,300 repair bill later had us back on the road within a week.

Since then we have driven from 12ft above sea level in Seattle to just over 8,000 feet in Flagstaff and back again in the Seattle area. This big box just keeps on chugging along.