HELP! I'm ordering gauges?

Seekers

Reaction score
I've decided to go with Isspro and the best price seems to be at www.egauges.com I'm thinking of going with this for the pyro http://www.egauges.com/vdo_ind.asp?Type=Pyrometer&Series=EVA-R&PN=R3607TR&Cart=1
but I've never had a pyro and will listen to any opinions pro or con. I am not sure of which of these probes it uses for the Banks sidewinder though. I know it is the Type K High Temp but am not sure if it is the 1.5" or the 2.5" as shown here
http://www.egauges.com/vdo_sgrp.asp?Subgroup=Pyrometer_Senders&Cart=1

Is this what is being used for the boost gauge? I couldn't find an actual boost gauge that only went to 15# and saw on a post that boost and manifold pressure were the same. Thought they must be using this then?
http://www.egauges.com/vdo_ind.asp?Type=Manifold_Pressure&Series=EVA-R&PN=R5611R&Cart=1

Tubing Kit?

That would then leave this one for my trans temp gauge

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_ind.asp?Type=Trans_Oil_Temp&Series=EVA-R&PN=R5659R&Cart=1

I only have to decide then if I'm going to mount them with a piller mount or on the dash. It seems like the dash mount would only block some of the hood view while the piller mount could block some traffic view any thoughts from guys that have these mounts? thanks for your thoughts and any and all input ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Had both - I would say that I perfered the dash mount only because of it was easier to flip my eyes over to them vs the A-Pillar mount. But that was just preferrence...

Now for the length of the pyro - the pyro should slide up and down in the mount then you just tighten down the fitting (compression) so if you get the long one it will fit but will leave more sticking outside vs the shorter one - the short one should be just about the right size. Just position the tip of the probe about half way inside the pipe.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Yes, for the IDI you need to use the gauge labeled manifold pressure to have the lower # on the face of the gauge.

I have both pillar and dash mount. If I had to choose one or the other, I would go w/ the pillar. My dash mount is over the radio and I would rather keep everything in a central location for checking. Honestly, you get used to it where ever it is mounted.

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
does anyoen make a dash mount right above the spedo and such? i nice streamlined form fitting mount? cuz if not i think im going to make one from fiberglass and put my 3 guages in there..

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also run both the dash and pillar. The thing to me was layout of the gauges, getting the turbo gauges together etc, in an order that I like.
These are old rigs and there is not much ortion in the mounting choices, unless you make your own. then I would have gauges stung across the dash. My wife thinks 6 is more than eneough. I think, WOW cool, what else can I throw a gauge on?

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
yep, I'm using the 15psi manifold pressure gauge for a boost gauge. You'll need the tubing kit to connect the gauge to the intake hat. The supplied hardware screws directly into the oem factory turbo intake hat.

For trans temp, there is a plug on the front left side of the trans you can remove then install the probe in the there. The threads are a perfect match.

I have a pillar mount, but do find it blocks a little bit of the road which I don't care for. If I had it to do over again i'd probably go dash mount.

Seekers

Reaction score
Thermocouple: 0-2000F - High Temp Tip - Plug-in - For Small Pipes 1/4 NPTF $69.05 $55.24
Qty:

Part No: R650SHT-PL Notes: K type. 1/4" NPTF. 1.5" Probe. (1 3/8" probe extension beyond threads). For smaller diameter exhaust tubes. High temperature Inconel tip. Must be used with plug style lead wires.

This the right probe? it's the one at the bottom, I read somewhere that you should get the one that went to 2000. At least I think I did?

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_send.asp?Sender=ISSPRO_Thermo_1_5&Cart=1

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
that's the same one that banks sells - check with summit and see if they have the bottom portion of it so that it forms to the dash top - I know banks has it available (both pieces).

Seekers

Reaction score
banks does have a 2 piece set, about $28 ea piece, the pod and an adapter to mount it on the far left of the top dash. I'm not sure if that's where I want to mount it, I was kinda leaning toward the center or right of center (center of steering column). Doesn't make any since to pay for an adapter to go left and then have to modify it to go center or right... Might just go with the summit for $18. Do you have the gauges on the left? are they in the way or a distraction?

Seekers

Reaction score
OK, does the order look complete and like everything is the right item? Please speak up... I really do appreciate all input :D and am willing to listen to the voice of experiance :thumbsup: Thanks to all who you guys who contribute to this board and make it happen ;Sweet