Gauges Guidance

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
While I understand your argument... I would like to see egt numbers on a stock 6.9/7.3, for science.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an EGT gauge on my stock 7.3 NA. You never know whether a previous owner has turned the pump up, or if the timing could be off causing high EGTs. To me it’s a peace of mind thing, like an oil pressure gauge.

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EGTs / Coolant temp / Trans temp (Auto only) / oil pressure

Yes you need to run power to the gauges separate from tapping into the relay for your running lights
You must be registered for see images attach

Scratcher

Reaction score
I have an EGT gauge on my stock 7.3 NA. You never know whether a previous owner has turned the pump up, or if the timing could be off causing high EGTs. To me it’s a peace of mind thing, like an oil pressure gauge.
No problem for me. No one has ever tampered with my IP

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
An EGT gauge is highly recommended for an N/A Engine. Members on here have found the N/A’s are MUCH easier to get temps high very easily. Even in stock tuning, the N/A’s run on the edge all the time. Less air, which not only hurts the combustion process, but that air also helps to “cool” (by moving more air through the system and taking that heat with it) the EGT’s.

Digging back in the archives, you can find posts abut this. Even in 100% stock tuning, you can melt one down. I would say any Diesel engine needs a Pyro…. Even the newer trucks (computer controlled) will keep an eye on EGT’s…. Even if they don’t display them….

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
One of us. One of us. Haha I love my glowshift gauges.