Headlights...I cant see diddly squat at night

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I put Sylvania Xtravision lamps in the 91 Corolla I had back in 2010 and they made a huge difference. They last less long than standard but longer than Silverstars.

audios

Reaction score
RockAuto replacement housings, and Easy Eagle LEDs from Amazon. Very, very happy.

How do they work with the stock housings? I used a set in my old audi and they just blinded oncoming traffic. I currently have relayed headlights with higher wattage bulbs.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they work with the stock housings? I used a set in my old audi and they just blinded oncoming traffic. I currently have relayed headlights with higher wattage bulbs.
I’ve been really happy. The low beams stay really low, but still spread wide, and the high beams light everything up pretty well. If I can remember, I’ll get a couple pics of the lights later when it gets dark.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so this is facing my shop. The driveway slopes up to the shop a bit here, so it makes it look like they’re angled up higher than they are.

Low beams
You must be registered for see images attach

High Beams

These are pointed down the driveway towards the road. I opened the door to take the pics, so you wouldn’t have to look through my dirty windshield.

Low beams

High Beams

it’s well over 200 yards to the tree line across the road.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Wow, that is a huge difference from mine.
They are TYC I believe. I’ve been impressed with their quality on other vehicles as well. They’re about $40 for the pair.
Ah, do you know if there is a difference between F350 headlights and F-Superduty headlights? I assumed there wasnt but TYC isnt listed for the superduty, only shows a Dorman part#. Although, I am assuming its the LED bulbs that make the difference rather than the housing.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That must be an error on Rockauto’s part. If you look in the descriptions the TYC and Dorman both list the same Ford part #’s as cross over. That seems like corroboration that they are the same between F-super and F350. But yes I think the LED’s make the difference.

TexasTruck

Reaction score
I had to look up this Diogenes fellow, seems to resonate with my lifestyle a little too closely. Maybe hes my spirit animal or some such.

My high beams aren't even this bright. :D

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the reviews... I am assuming that the complaints are probably because they have installed them incorrectly.

These can apparently be adjusted once installed.

I know that with the regular bulbs, you can actually get them installed at almost any incorrect angle. If the high and low beam sides are not on the correct up side or down, and if they are not aligned flat with the up or down, (horizontal axis), you can get problems like not enough light. And or high and low both putting out inadequate light, and showing almost no difference when you switch between high and low.

So as I said, I am going to assume these people just rushed out there and shoved the bulb in whatever way was fastest and most convenient for them, paying no attention whatever to the details. Got them in wrong. And now it's the bulb's fault...

But there are also a lot of complaints that the bulbs don't last long. Some only an hour or two. Some maybe a week or two.

Please let us know of any problems you might have with these.

You might also want to keep your old bulbs in the glove box, in case these decide to burn out on you while you are driving at night.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can clock the bulb any way you want once it’s installed. It’s basically just a friction fit of the bulb in the adapter. I like this design better than other LED bulbs I’ve used. I bought another brand of LED’s for the fog lights in my GMC and I had to drill and tap some tiny holes in order to get them oriented correctly. You want the “blade” part of the bulb vertical with the diodes shining out horizontally. That’s what gives you the wide pattern and doesn’t seem to blind oncoming traffic. As far as longevity goes, I was daily driving that truck for about the first half of this year, and my commute is usually in the dark both ways that time of year. I put about 18k miles on them with zero issues.

That being said, I’m pretty sure they’re made in China just like every thing else on Amazon, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some bad ones got through.

Ransom_nf

Reaction score
Change your dash light switch, put in a new relay to eliminate the load in the dash and run Hella Off-road bulbs. Cheap, effective. Nice driving light, not annoying like the led conversions. Cops won’t pull you over. If your head lights are original change them. I also tell people to NEVER use leds in your head lights if you live in a snow belt. They give no heat in winter and ice up. The Hellas stay clear, bulbs are cheap and last better then most of the Phillips etc, xenon bulbs.