Heading to Texas

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Well, this trip was kinda a bust, nothing panned out like I thought it would in the beginning. I'm headed home Tuesday, and I didn't get to see much for sights or meet up with any of you. The work fell apart and I never did make any money, but I've had a good time, wouldn't mind coming back

I appreciate everyones help and the hospitality of those of you that are local. Maybe next time? :)

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Round up as many wetbacks as you can haul back to WA, charge $100 a piece. Money maker, pays expenses.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in East Texas but not North. And like said, oil would be a for sure thing.

Dallas is large so ut gas a lot to offer. Ever been to a bass pro shops? There is one in Dallas, and it's pretty neat to go to (even to look and not buy like myself).

And I hear Austin is great, might transfer to UT down there so we shall see. I hear San Antonio has a lot to offer as well.

Haha Austin might be a cool place to visit, but it is the LAST place I would want to live. THEY ARE SO WIERD, no joke. 6th street is something everybody should experience though. And what kind of school you lookin for? I grew up right between Austin and SA and know tons about them.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AS far as what to do.... I was in a Subway (restaurant, lol) in Big Sandy, Texas once with a buddy. After we ordered we asked the fine gentleman behind the register what there was to do in Big Sandy, Texas on a Tuesday night, and without missing a beat and with the straightest face imaginable he said simply, "DRANKIN." And then turned and went to the back with no further comment. Lol, to say the least.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I hear Austin is a weird city if I moved down there it would be for UT Austin for their petroleum engineering program.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear Austin is a weird city if I moved down there it would be for UT Austin for their petroleum engineering program.
Austin is a very liberal if not left leaning city. I would even venture to say all the hippies of TX live right there. But as far as music and food is concerned, it's the only place to go to. ;Sweet

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I have never heard of the petroleum engineering there. I have had lots of family go there for school and its tough and expensive.

Me and NCheek are at Sam Houston State doing the Ag Mech Engineering and I love it.

Austin is a very liberal if not left leaning city. I would even venture to say all the hippies of TX live right there. But as far as music and food is concerned, it's the only place to go to. ;Sweet

Austin is known for their music, but it seems it is starting to spread a little south to San Marcos and even New Braunfels. In New Braunfels there have been little bars and music halls opening up like crazy. It's like a "sane" place for musicians to live hahaha

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wow I have never heard of the petroleum engineering there. I have had lots of family go there for school and its tough and expensive.

Me and NCheek are at Sam Houston State doing the Ag Mech Engineering and I love it.

Austin is known for their music, but it seems it is starting to spread a little south to San Marcos and even New Braunfels. In New Braunfels there have been little bars and music halls opening up like crazy. It's like a "sane" place for musicians to live hahaha

I have a buddy going to Sam Houston as well for Ag Mech. His names Justin Maxwell, he drives a common rail cummins, know him?

Anyways yeah I wouldnt move to Austin for the people. UTA has the country's #1 Petroleum Engineering program, T A&M is second. I will get my B.A. in mechanical engineering here at UT Tyler and look to transfer.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy going to Sam Houston as well for Ag Mech. His names Justin Maxwell, he drives a common rail cummins, know him?

Anyways yeah I wouldnt move to Austin for the people. UTA has the country's #1 Petroleum Engineering program, T A&M is second. I will get my B.A. in mechanical engineering here at UT Tyler and look to transfer.

Hahaha oh boy I put a clutch in his truck with him

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Ask him if he knows Jarrod and Justin from Tyler. I bought my goosneck setup off of his OBS he was parting out before he sold it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For music and food I prefer the Penthouse club near Dallas.:sly:sly

awhtx

Reaction score
Back in '75 or '76 when I was a Accounting major at UT I took a Petroleum Engineering course as an elective. The professor was the guy who invented the system of injecting steam into a well to "loosen up" the thick crude.
I also took an Aeronautical Engineering course. It was the ground school for the Private Pilot written test.
And yes, Austin is right in there with Berkeley, CA, Madison, WI and Boston, MA to see who can be the most liberal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726