Heading to Texas

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Headed to NE Texas for a couple weeks, kinda work related, gonna play some while I'm there too. Just wish I was taking my Ford :cry: Anyone around there have any suggestions of must sees? Or any suggestions or contacts for making a little extra cash. Something clean and legal ;)

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
where you calling NE texas because I have heard multiple people call dallas/ft worth area NE. If its actually NE then there aint much but woods over there that I know of. Fordguy could probably tell you a little more

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
If you like country music then Billy Bob's in Ft Worth would be a good place. Other than that I don't know the dfw area that well even though I'm not that far west of there.
As far as making extra cash, here that is hard to do, but maybe in dfw it might be a little easier.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thats almost my Neck of the woods, depending on where you are I will be an hour or two drive away. Cant really tell you about what to do...its east texas...not much!

Oil field is always advertising they need guys out in the field. Might be something to look into. FYI I'm in between Tyler, and Canton Texas.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
billy bobs or filthy mcnastys(new bar) in the fort worth stockyards are pretty good stops if you like honkytonks. The stockyards are pretty cool too. other than that if you see a "gringos" or "texas land and cattle" those are good spots to eat. Dont know if it will work well over there but out here a lot of times for extra work you can hit up some local farmers or ranchers if you have handyman skills. If you are looking into oil fields just watch your but and dont be scared of heights or to get dirty. sadly a lot of times they let "a friends son" or something of that nature out there and around heavy equipment and welding 1 idiot can get a lot of people hurt. Other than that I also am not extremely familiar with the dallas area.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like country music then Billy Bob's in Ft Worth would be a good place.
Thursday night? Or was it Tuesday that was ladies night there? :sly And if you're in the military there is no cover charge and you can get right past the line of city-slicker douches :D

other than that if you see a "gringos" or "texas land and cattle" those are good spots to eat.
Haha, I remeber the first time I ate at the Land and cattle next to Six Flags, they were not busy at all (really odd thing for them) and the waitress girl hung out with us the whole time cause her and some other waitresses were betting on whether I can really kill their biggest steak - I did, she lost $20, and I gave her $50 tip, she actually chased me out in the parking lot to make sure I didn't make a mistake, lol.

And what was that place where the girls dress up like in *******, only in black usually, "the Winghouse" or something like that I think - all sorts of good things to eat there, and good things to look at - also the only place where they would leave my burgers on the grill till they actually caught on fire (as per my instructions) :rotflmao

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
If I had to go there more I'd know all the good places to eat. Especially the steak houses, ribeyes are my favorite food I think.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
personally, I don't like the DFW traffic much. When I go for R&R on the weekends, Austin is my favorite. I get an overwhelming response when I am panning for a date with Austin as the suggested destination. Great steaks, outstanding live music choices makes for a happy date all weekend long.;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Dallas is large so ut gas a lot to offer. Ever been to a bass pro shops? There is one in Dallas, and it's pretty neat to go to (even to look and not buy like myself).

And I hear Austin is great, might transfer to UT down there so we shall see. I hear San Antonio has a lot to offer as well.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
There's plenty of public land to hunt ducks on, you'll need a permit that costs 50 bucks tho. Boomer Jacks is a good sports bar, see if you could get a tour of Jerry's world(Cowboys stadium). But the stockyards and Billy Bob's are the staple tourist spots.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a cabala's in Fort Worth now, always a good stop. There are lots of good thing to see and a few so so.. You said between Dallas and Mount Pleasant. Sulphur Springs has a Dairy museum and Greenville has a cotton museum. Dangerfield or Killgore or some where in that area has an oilfield museum, all good stops. If you like fishing Lake Fork is just south of Sulphur Springs. I live about 15 minutes south of Suphur Spring, PM me and we can get together if you get in the area. Later.

And there is a great steak house in Winsboro.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info guys, least now I have a little more to go on. I'll PM ya and maybe meet up for a beer.

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online