Having reverse light issues

Buffetkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reverse lights arnt working and the fuse keeps blowing on the circuit they're on. I installed aux backup lights and just want to wire the signal for reverse up to those. Does anybody know where the lights get their signal? Is it at the transmission or the gear shift? As far as when i put it in reverse. I have a C6 transmission.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It gets the signal from the MPLS on the transmission. Unfortunately, that is about all the detail I have.....

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your backup light sockets for bad bulbs grounding & corrosion..

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed aux backup lights

Not sure that I'm reading this correctly, but if you have installed the aux. lights, without using a relay, you maybe overloading the circuit.

I'd recommend using a relay on all aux. lighting applications ... for that matter relays are beneficial for your headlight circuit too (see tech. article for modification details).

Buffetkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So thats what im thinking. That i have a short. Im looking for where the signal comes from so i can inspect all the way down the line.

I installed led work lights that draw 1 amp per light. And also have led headlights

Buffetkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But i will check my sockets because i would like to have both. My led lights are under the bumper and are hard to see

Buffetkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same location as mine. Use a relay anyway. Short may be in your new lighting setup since it was working fine before them. Switch is on driver's side of your C6.
I guess i forgot to add. I havent actually wired in the new lights just bolted them on! So does it come out of the big mechanical selector on the side of the trans? Like when you select reverse it closes points?

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will wait until the rain stops and look under mine to see which color wire I selected on my '86.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel