Has anyone ever thought about.....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Putting an IDI into a dodge. It really ****** me off that all these cummins guys go bragging about how they never see a powerstroke (to expensive for me to swap one in, so I'll talk about an IDI) in a dodge truck. I think it would be killer to swap an IDI into a dodge, take a bunch of pics, and show that there are people out there that swap international motors into dodges.

The late 80's/early 90's dodge trucks with gassers are super cheap, and IDI engines and trannies are super cheap as well, so it got me to thinking about this. Just to be different and rub it into the dodge guys face ya know :D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I agree. The cummins is the best thing about the Dodges.

I know it is, but still it irks me to hear all these dodge guys being all cocky like there trucks are the best. I'm not saying they arent, but still thats pretty cocky of them and someone should take them down a notch. Thats why I was thinking of swaping an IDI into a dodge.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
We could be the same - the only thing Ford on my truck is the frame and body. IH engine, Sterling rear, Dana front and ZF trans.....Why waste your time with a Dodge, built cheap and they don't last....And as for the Cummins 5.9, not as great as they are cracked up to be in my eyes....I work on them everyday....****** VP44 pumps, the P7100 isn't a whole lot better, expensive parts and crappy lift pumps taking a dump all the time....Don't even get me started on the accumulator fuel system on the ISC's.....POISON.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
all you have to say is If the dodge truck are so great then why are guys ripping the motors out who is not made by dodge ;p and sticking them in fords??????

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. The cummins is the best thing about the Dodges.

Mabe the ONLY good thing ;Sweet

And it will still be running strong when the rest of the truck crumbles into a pile of rust beneath it. A half-million mile motor in a truck barely built to last 100k ...

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
the cummins hasent been good in my opinion since the 12v. i hate electronics.. so i steer away from that new junk.

Ray

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That cummins is sold in some ford models as well. The reason everyone pulls the cummins out of the dodge is it is the only good thing. The rest of the truck is a POS. You could put an IDI in a dodge, but then you would have the same thing, a good motor in a POS truck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's face it, the Cummins engine probably saved the Dodge truck line.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
if you want to really impress them i think you will have to beat them with an IDI in it. not sure that will happen without allot of work......

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's face it, the Cummins engine probably saved the Dodge truck line.

I couldn't agree more Mel, the Cummins motor is the only reason to buy a Durge, especially when you start to compute the fuel mileage with the $4.20 per gallon fuel.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Dodge trucks are as nice as Fords, but not terrible either. Nowhere near the creature comforts of a Ford. Its hard to argue with the Cummins engine in the 3/4 to one ton size trucks, they always seem to go well over 300k miles even with indifferent maintenance unless that killer dowel pin or something else traumatic gets the. Also Dodge trucks are just plain ugly next to Fords, especially the late 80s early 90s trucks, look like a grandpa mobile. The body is extremely sketchy for lasting anywhere near as long as the engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online