Has anyone else noticed all the new members to the site?

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey new guys.....how did you find this place?:thumbsup:

I stumbled across on google search as well. ;Sweet I have had an IdI for over 7 years, and had one back when I was 18. Now after finding you guys, I cant stay off of here. Not sure if its been benificial or a henderance:dunno. I say that light heartedly, becouse I know how benificial its been, but now I find my self forced to do things correct. Before OB, I some what half assed all my projects, which in turn has made me learn alot as well. Now I have a solid reference from you guys, which makes me want to improve my knowledge, instead of just keep my truck moving. All the ideas in my head after reading hundreds of threads on here are mostly pipe dreams, but with some extra money, patience,and research maybe some will come to fruition. I thank you guys for all the R+D any endless free advise. Im not saying I might not do some foolish R+D on my own in the future, but at least we can all learn from the experience. Im addicted to my pickup now becouse of this site, and had no idea that half the things mentioned on here were even a possibility!:eek: Only draw back is the amount of money ive been shellin out or will shell out in the future, but oh well I still will not have spent as much as I would have on a new truck. And a new truck just doesnt have any character. This IDI is all mine:love:
THANK GUYS
and GOD BLESS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was envited here by Towcat years ago....:sly He found me at std site where I was "kinda happy".... Thats was before the sellout and changes in u know what... His email to me was..."Would you like to test the waters over here?"..... So I kept both sites open and worked for both of them helping where I could... Till some @ss kept telling me that I was wrong and he has been doing it for 35 years another way without any troubles...Ever.... Well I finally left because of that one guy and I miss the many other great members "over there". I'm capible of doing things like installing factory freeze plugs without that special tool but would never tell another member its easy to do. Without said tool and no experiance doing this you just can't teach someone on the site. The tool is needed... Thats about all there is to it. Without the tool the only real way to be sure the plugs are in correctly is to remove them... If they come out with plenty of work they were installed correctly.... You see thats not an option is it. Sometimes tools are necessary. We post information here so all can reap the same rewards freely. I know it takes moneys from those that work at the dealerships but they need to know we try to do our own work and save the cash for our children and such. I don't want some tech telling me I have a problem and getting charged $80.00 for the information... Then its plenty more just to fix what I already knew was wrong... Something is wrong with that. Helping others here and around the world makes us a family of members that try to help others... Most would rather work on our trucks that fight... Well... Maybe Travis stands out as one that has other things on his mind like speedos and fruity drinks but then again he drove a dodge... Look in any dictionary under dodge... It will say "something to be avoided"...:rotflmao:angel: Travis... Your stilll my friend from way back no matter what you wear....:D:hail:love:

Last edited:

4x7.3NE

Mowoodchopper
Reaction score
I am one of the NEW GUYS LOL! My other favorite thing to do is mess with chainsaws and cut wood, no im not crazy at least not completely! Anyway I used to hang around on a chainsaw site and got board because of no new stuff going on. I have had 3 idi s for a while and just bought the last one, I was looking for info and google brought this site up. I have to say I have learned alot already as far as fuel systems and glowplugs, etc. I am a pretty self sufficient type, dont take anything to the shop, grew up around a mechanic, my dad. Im pretty good with Gasser's and drive train etc , also know little about the big diesels but am new to the pickups!!

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I'm one of the new guys too. Probably the youngest.

I've learned so much from this site. Thanks so much guys!

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford to risk breaking things, haha.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Never say never. We never thought there would be 1000hp diesel trucks that get 20+mpg roaming the earth. Never thought that diesel performance would even get this kind of press. Never thought computers would run diesels, yet here we are. Never thought tractor pulling as a sport would become more popular and mainstream, yet purses are getting bigger and more people are participating. Never thought we'd see a diesel pickup run a 7 second quarter mile, smoke free.

I never thought a GM 6.5 diesel would go almost 160 mph in a street legal, street driven pickup, yet it has been done.

I like to hear "Based on my experience, it never can be done."

Only means it hasn't been done by you.

Doesn't stop me one little bit.

We never thought that we would see a Diesel win the Le Mans series!;Sweet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R10_TDI

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
hey new guys.....how did you find this place?:thumbsup:

I had actually read about it in Diesel Power magazine, There project 300 caught my attention when they first sent it to press and they had mentioned the forum... Or maybe it was when they featured icanfixall...?

I had also seen a few references to this site when i was a member of www.ford-trucks.com

curiosity caught up with me and now i couldnt be happier!:D

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Yup, a 450Lb. motor that gives 700HP?, that's crazy, did I read that right?cookoo

LCjeff

Oh, and welcome to the best source of info and help, bar none!!!
Hey, thanks!;Sweet

yep! Its an amazing machine, i got to see it up close in person at the 2007 american lemans series in long beach california. Man is that thing smooth and quite!:hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've also been noticing the influx of new people, and it's great. Sometimes the first time I see them is in my inbox. They get to reading posts and write to inquire about the Moose Products stuff. It's refreshing to see interest rising, and yes I do think the economy is a factor. Not only that, but it seems that the mainstream diesel hobby is now strictly Cummins centered. I would say the ratio of people doing Cummins upgrades to Ford/IH is at least 10 to 1. Matthias won a TS Performance video at last summer's IDI Weekend, and I watched it. Cummins after Cummins streaking by, with a small smattering of Powerstrokes and Duramax's. I found the video so boring that I didn't even finish it. The hobby obviously needs a new inline motor from another manufacturer to keep things interesting. In lue of that, people opting for something different, will have to fall back to the IDI, as it WAS that Cummins of yesteryear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online