Hard Block Filling....

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define "runs hot". They say max sustaned operating temp is around 240. I never get that hot, the hottest I can get it is about 220ish in the summer towing w/ AC on. When it does get hot is cools off quick if I can get to a good steady curise speed.
I'm wondering if the smaller grill openings in the older trucks have something to do with this. Mine being a 94 has the bumper cutouts, and a factory "air deflector" on the bottom of the core support. OEM Fan clutch and OEM thermostat. I never notice the fan clutch lock in either.
I worry about the trans temp more than anything on my truck. LOL

obinella

Reaction score
a good experiment for a cavitated
block. no big loss if it didn't work. maybe in conjuncion with evan's coolant.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they do it in race cars everyday street and track

so--fill bottom of block to fill passage with hydro--then the rest of the system has water in it--i/e just the top of the block and heads have water???[/QUOTE]

yes,that is where all the heat is.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you going to get coolant to the oil cooler>>>>:dunno:D:eek:

that is the 64 dollar question.

pm me a number some time on what you want for that radiator, I wish I was working:mad: This recession sucks:backoff

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you also need a different kind of water pump, and some external water passages for the heads? Sounds pretty weird to me. I know they do this in tractor pulling, but then the engine only runs for a few minutes at a time, and that's with no water at all. What's the benefit if you can't get rid of the water all together? What about cab heat if you did? :dunno

sassyrel

Reaction score
Wouldn't you also need a different kind of water pump, and some external water passages for the heads? Sounds pretty weird to me. I know they do this in tractor pulling, but then the engine only runs for a few minutes at a time, and that's with no water at all. What's the benefit if you can't get rid of the water all together? What about cab heat if you did? :dunno

yup--toooo many questions--ill leave mine alone----

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online