Hands down best diesel electric fuel pump for our IDI's?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Well, I just replumbed my fuel filter to the vacuum side before my oem mechanical lift pump. Seems to run quite well...

Just getting set up to put my FSV on my passenger fender, add a WVO electric pump like a FASS adjustable and 3 way port my returns...

When I run my separate line for veg I'll do HoH for that extra boost of heat.

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have burned up two holley red pumps in the last seven months. The first was a holley knockoff from ebay. It lasted 3 months. I currently have a "real" Holley pump and it now is acting up. It won't pull my 90% waste oil mix. It will pull diesel and a 50/50 mix but not the 90%. I'm figuring out myself what to try next?:dunno

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
I have burned up two holley red pumps in the last seven months. The first was a holley knockoff from ebay. It lasted 3 months. I currently have a "real" Holley pump and it now is acting up. It won't pull my 90% waste oil mix. It will pull diesel and a 50/50 mix but not the 90%. I'm figuring out myself what to try next?:dunno

pulley driven gear pump
:dunno

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think i am going to try a holley blue marine pump. i think that vent will keep the moisture away from that plastic shaft seal ez was talking about, and inturn make it last longer.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i dont remember who but someone used a powersteering pump a while back

i was one but i never got time to finish it out, now that the weather is warming back up. i built the brackets got the pulley and belt. i messed up a plug fitting and had to pull it back off since it leaked out and never got back on it. doing this is not a simple pump swap though, i was planning on a sort of expansion/reservuar tank on the fender to keep a steady supply and pressure.

there is also the risk of running it dry cooking the pump and throwing belts since you cant turn it off when the engine is running unless you hook it up with a clutch or never let it run dry (out of fuel).

but one the upside it "should" have tremendous capacity to pump fuel at whatever pressure with no sweat.