Hands down best diesel electric fuel pump for our IDI's?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Don't want to start a religious war, I'm thinking this is kinda like asking if and ar is better than an m1a :) - (we all know the answer is the m1a hands down).

In any case I'm installing separate pumps for WVO/WMO and diesel and doing away with my mechanical pump - I'm done with abusing my starter :)

So sounds like most here think the Holley Reds are the bee's knees?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
whats an m1a? link?

I use to like holey not so much now. I liked the carrier/facet pump but they won't handle cold wvo or wmo very well and die. I now have this one another member recommended it and it works good, it is supposed to be a better design that will not wear like the others I just wish I would flow more fuel as in volume gph since it is only like 36gph.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
if you are running alternative fuels then the carrier is not a good pump at all
holley red or a knock offs are hands down the way to go

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC 4-6 is plenty plus with the fuel return system its more about having enough flow

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
FN FAL is much better than an M1-A, and is cheaper to boot.

An AR isn't even good for a club.

dude I'll pit my NM M14 against anything short of a Remi 7 bolt. 1000y anytime. I won't even use my Luepold. **** I'll do it to 500y on iron sights. bwaaaah FAL....the frogs can't make a rifle to save their lives! m14 = good old American steel baby.

In all seriousness the FAL is a fine rifle, just not as accurate as an M14 and it ain't American. It's an assault rifle, y if I'm doing close in work I'll take a WASR over a FAL any day - shoots cheap too.

Last edited:

Camarogenius

Reaction score
dude I'll pit my NM M14 against anything short of a Remi 7 bolt. 1000y anytime. I won't even use my Luepold. **** I'll do it to 500y on iron sights. bwaaaah FAL....the frogs can't make a rifle to save their lives! m14 = good old American steel baby.

In all seriousness the FAL is a fine rifle, just not as accurate as an M14 and it ain't American. It's an assault rifle, y if I'm doing close in work I'll take a WASR over a FAL any day - shoots cheap too.

Yeah, you go right ahead and lug that big hunk of iron and timber for a few hours.

My FAL may not drive tacks at a grand, but I'll make a man miserable at 800, for less than 1/2 the money you spent.

I'd love to own an M1A, but I can't afford anything more than a norinco, and I won't own anything norinco.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
dont know the holley blue (higher psi than red), carter and airtex pump couldent pump a thick WMO mix for me. especially when i started getting out of summer temps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86