Guage/ opinions

broncobilly_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got my 97 Cummins and plan to follow the advice of many and make guages my first mod. I want to go with a 3 guage pillar mount (pyro, EGT, and trans temp). Any recommendation as to brand or vendor. I don't want to get cheap crap that I'll end up replacing. If anybody makes a pillar mount that matches my gray interior without needing paint, that would be a plus.
Should I get a guage to monitor my rear diff temp? I plan to tow up to 12,000lbs (maybe a little more) and will probably only do the free engine mods and a BHAF. This will be a tow/work/daily driver.

averagef250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend towards ISS stuff. They're pretty close to me, I'm in that area all the time and know a salesman and the stuff is decent quality.

Those trucks have a pretty poor brake system. You might want to fix that once you toast the existing stuff.

Personally I would never buy an auto dodge, but if I had a 97 cummins auto dodge I would pull the tranny, upgrade to a quality flexplate, billet single disc low stall converter, transgo kit and 48RE OD drum. Either that or just plan on spending a couple grand on it in the first couple months of your towing use.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a set of glow shift gauges & a 3 hole pillar mount for under $200 complete with wire & senders.:D

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the things I liked about them is the sending units come with the package most others you have to pay extra plus who are they kidding you have to use the matching sender with the gauge so its not like there is a choice so why don't the sell 'em that way in the first place ???:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online