Greetings to all, happy to be here

BobF

Reaction score
Greetings,

Name is Bob, Firefighter by trade with past history diesel mechanic Cummins and Detroit. Purchased a friends 1994 F350 XLT 4WD 7.3 IDI TD and will be needing to become a student all over again. The more I read about this model engine, the more concerned I become. Engine currently has 250k, IP, injectors, turbo, E4od trans rebuilt. Overall truck is in very good condition to the point I get compliments. Needing some info already on some repairs I need to perform so I will see you in IDI forum

Bob-

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to OBN Bob.you came to the right place to seek guidance with your new rig.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BobF,

WELCOME ABOARD.

You've found the RIGHT place (imo) for help with the Ford oil-burners.

yours, satx

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, Bob,
first off, Welcome to the forum.

secondly, whats your take on the west coast custom show that used to take place in your city?

BobF

Reaction score
Unfortunately the promoter had a hand in its demise. The show became sizable and the costs to the City had been absorbed. Both sides pretty much didn't care for each other and the City tossed them. Been attending since 1992 and it sucked, moving it Santa Maria was an even bigger mistake. Missed watching our friends 1100hp Chevelle with Inglese injectors rip the rear bumper off with wheel stands... The current show is growing, the quality is getting there but our town pretty much thinls they are Napa, so that means their head is up their butt. With the breweries now here, this area begs for some good old rods, bikes and whatever a motor can attach to. Overall, still an incredible town and area

BobF

Reaction score
Heading to Ventura for 1/5 mile Speedway bikes, dirt track and side cars. Central Coast is pretty cool

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i went to the first 2 Santa Marias,
drove 200 miles in my 65 olds custom lowrider,
was denied at the gate...
ok, no problem, its a 65, i understand.
went in to the show and saw chip foo..'s elegantly painted toyota prius...
never went back
been attending the show since 00.
paso was where its at... loved that gig.

BobF

Reaction score
The City doesn't get it.. got rid of motocross, car shows... Only wants the wine snobs and stuck ups. Then you have the clowns at 805 aka Firestone... Thank God that Barrelhouse is here..