Got the "New" 5th Wheel

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Went to pick up the 5th wheel that was given to me. It's a 2000 Fleetwood Prowler LS 30 5x; here's one for sale in NJ that's very similar: http://www.campingworldofnewjersey.com/fifth-wheel/2000/fleetwood-prowler/133144

It definitely needs work since the fiberglass panel on the front left corner is gone and the wood has rotted there. Fortunately the floor in that area is fine. There are a few soft spots in the roof as well. The tires are in decent shape for being 10 years old. It's been sitting up for 3 years now and the previous owner lived in it for about 5 years prior to that. For as much use and neglect it's seen, it's in pretty decent shape. Surprisingly, the awning is in perfect shape, and I'm very happy that it has the power leveling jacks for the front.

Also have all the owners manuals and the original "window sticker" listing the many options. I'm very happy to have the new trailer.

Does anyone know of a Fleetwood-specific or 5th wheel/RV forum?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
RVnet is probably the place with the most traffic as RV's aren't really all that brand specific in that they all run Dometic, atwood and such for appliances.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
The tires are in decent shape for being 10 years old.

Speaking from experience here... I would highly recommend getting new tires! RV tires are only good, for no more than 5 years. They may have low mileage, but they are prone to catastrophic failure after 5 years. There are tons of discussions over on rv.net on the subject.

I would also recommend that you go to a LT tire for your fiver. 99.9% of RV specific tires (ST rated) are made in china and have gotten the nickname: china bombs.

If you do go to rv.net, be warned that EVERYONE has their own opinions and they are ALL right (At least they think so) Take their suggestions with a grain of salt. Not all forums are as great as OB!