Going to look at another one!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/186629012565852/

I'd love my 6.9 to have a back seat and be one color but unfortunately its 4 colors and a single cab. This is essentially the same but 1 color with an extended cab.

I could care less about the leaking fuel lines, but he mentions it needs a front lower ball joint and a drag link to pitman arm joint replaced for inspection.

I've never done that and just wonder what I'd be getting into price wise and mess wise. Likely would have my buddy who does my inspections give me a hand or just pay him to do it.

This is all assuming the rust isn't much more than surface rust and the engine runs good. I don't need another problem just for a backs seat and paint but if I can get those than great.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been messaging him on facebook. He bought it from one of his best friends fathers who was the original owner and it was garage kept until he had it a few years ago, he drove it but got a new truck. The steering with the ball joint and drag link issues needs repaired to where it won't pass inspection and it's ruining the tires. The fact that it needs that fixed and will also need new tires is why he has it priced where he does. The glow plugs are fine and it starts good cold. Short of just needing new tires and honestly some less ugly rims and a good bath if it doesn't do anything weird or have more rust issues than it looks like I'd buy it, but someone is of course going to look at it tonight already.

Stuff like this never lasts in my area, it was on facebook for two hours and someone else already likely beat me to it. I won't be distraught if I don't get it, but it is what I wish I had gotten instead of my single cab 6.9 just for the back seat and having a normal paint job not a bed that is a totally different color.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2500. It's a 1985 6.9 4x4 Extended Cab w/ 130k miles.

You must be registered for see images attach

pafixitman

Reaction score
Based on the lower quarters, door bottoms and cab corners I would be willing to bet at the very least the driver side floor is rusted out. Not saying it isn't fixable, just that real life might be different from the pictures.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm 4x4 and a bullnose -Drool

I'm wondering how much rust is under the paint there. Usually when they look like that in pictures they're worse up close.