Glow Plugs

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I managed to get a set of 8 this morning at my local AZ. Thanks for the heads up on this. Don't need any at the moment but I am sure the day will come.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've never heard of these "Beru" plugs before. The only ones I've ever had last a long time were the original Bosch ones international put in there. Had one set last over 500,000 miles.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The ones in our 83 that my grandpa had were Bosch. Unless my dad ment Beru and had never heard of it before so he said Bosch, I dont know. I just know those were the original glow plugs still in there at 500,000+

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? ;Really That seems strange. We've touted the virtues of that brand rather endlessly for years on TDS. I guess that just goes to show that the OB crowd is above most of those lowly GP related problems. LOL

Beru link

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Rob, thanks for the heads up!!!:D
Well I just called my close local AZ in Bend, Or 541-330-0969 & they had 7 of the ZD9.
Ordered 16 @ $2.99 & parts lady said no problem....be in next Wed on their truck. She didn't even want me to come in & pre-pay, That works for me!
But I think I will go in today before somebody changes their mind.....
Way my luck goes:eek:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't read the beginning of the thread before commenting on people buying extra sets. When they are 1/3 price of course it makes sense to stock up.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
yes 2.99 is a deal i think on their site ZD9,ZD1A,and ZD11 are 2.99 each?
That reminds me what years are what plug for?

Last edited:

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Wellllll......Yup! I should'a gone on in & prepaid, or done something to secure my order better, or something!!!:mad:
Last Thur. 9-6-07 in AM I called local AZ store & ordered 16 of the zd9, lady said just come in 9-12-07 & pick 'em up....no name, phone#, no pre-pay, just pick 'em up.
I went by that store that afternoon & was told same thing, didn't want me to prepay....I should have known better by then!:mad:

I went there yesterday to pick-up & pay....couple of guys there nearly can't talk English, & I can't talk their lingo....& they kept screwing up on what I was trying to say! Finally let fly some of my temper & they found someone talking English!

Short of it all.....that lady I talked to no longer works there, No record of 16 zd9 being ordered, ZD9 not available on their computer, no one even remotely acting as if they care about cking if available at other stores, & everything that's come in on truck is still sitting in back room & nobody gives damn if it ever get put on shelf!

I been trying to order from AZ's online & can only order 1 at time....Can't seem to make "update quantity" do anything other than 1 at time.....

Been hunting round at other "store locater" on line & find some 1 at a time at other stores, & some of the stores it pops up as "Not Available"

Been calling "Customer Service" 800# & get recording to start punching buttons!!

sassyrel

Reaction score
and i found out theres a diff in autozone stores---two in dmoines ia didnt have a clue--and the one i went too--said they arent listed as going out of stock---he said the computer would say so---youd think they were all the same--nuh uh------sheesh

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I just called and told them i wanted part #ZD9 and he said he would look it up and i said it should be 2.99 he said yes it is here and I've got 8 do you want me to hold them? yes! gave him my phone number and they are on hold!

Last edited:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I been trying to order from AZ's online & can only order 1 at time....Can't seem to make "update quantity" do anything other than 1 at time.....]

Go to their site, enter ZD9, click on the link, click on Order Online, click on Proceed to Checkout, the quantity should be in a box, if you click on it you can enter the quantity you want.

Shipping took a while, but I don't need to replace any yet.

Good luck!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Update & all is good....I hope

Well I finally got hold of customer service....live voice. Was extremely helpful & really trying to help & make me happy.
She did something to puter on her end as I was punching buttons on my end.
There was some glitch she fixed that finally let me reorder & change quanity.
Got 16 ZD9 on the way....I hope.
Apparently there's non out on west coast to be had, At least that's they told me.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 17 of the ZD1A plugs for my truck today.. Cleaned 'em out! I'm going to another local store tomorrow to see how many they have - at 3 for the price of 1 and no more to be had when they're gone, I'm buying as many sets as I can.....