Glow Plug Solutions from Classic Diesel Designs

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After buying all the parts to make my own harnesses I'm surprised you aren't charging more. I certainly think $35 + S&H is more than fair especially since I don't know of anyone else who offers new replacement harnesses.:Thumbs Up:cheers:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After buying all the parts to make my own harnesses I'm surprised you aren't charging more. I certainly think $35 + S&H is more than fair especially since I don't know of anyone else who offers new replacement harnesses.:Thumbs Up:cheers:
Thanks, I discount the prices on new release items for awhile (this one goes up until February) because it gives me a chance to gauge how much I interest there is and how much supplies to get for additional orders. After February the price will be around $50 for the replacement harnesses and $200 for the conversion kit.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The $35 harness replaces the stock wiring between the controller and the glow plugs, so the controller stays in the stock location, it just replaces the crumbly connectors and wiring that go to the glow plugs so you have a good, solid connection.
Awesome, that's exactly what I need. I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get home. Do you also have the diapco return kits?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, that's exactly what I need. I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get home. Do you also have the diapco return kits?
I’ve got Delphi return line kits in stock, there won’t be any shipping charge if that’s what you need, it’ll go in the box with the harnesses just fine

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sent you an email Wes.
Got it! Sent you an email back.

Thank you all for the amount of interest in these harnesses, Ive all sold out of my materials here. I will have more relays delivered tuesday, so some orders may not make it out monday morning but tuesday afternoon. As soon as your order has shipped you will receive an email with your tracking info,

Wes

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Would these work for a factory turbo GP controller location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t made any, but I can put one together to work with the valve cover mount for the turbo trucks. It will be $45 shipped, has a few upgrades to handle the extra heat around that rear glowplug

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
And you didn't mention this to me? I would have loved to look at one of these while I was there.:(

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you didn't mention this to me? I would have loved to look at one of these while I was there.:(
Shoot didn’t know you needed one, I didn’t have everything I needed to get the first batch done till Saturday. There’s a early conversion kit installed on the shop truck just using a 6.0 glow plug harness. That harness ended up not working great, but the white Rodgers relay has been perfect

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
No. I don't meed one. I was just wanting to look at one. I didn't realize that you didn't have everything while I was there.

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes, can you do a kit to relocate the stock controller to the fender? Just the wire harness. I would like to relocate mine but I don't want to go to a manual controller.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes, can you do a kit to relocate the stock controller to the fender? Just the wire harness. I would like to relocate mine but I don't want to go to a manual controller.
I sure can, it would be $100 for the complete harness, you’ll pull ignition power from the factory temp switch, so the glow plugs will only auto activate if the coolant temp is below 135*, should help make your controller and glowplugs last a good bit longer. All the wiring will be premade, you’ll just need to tap into the factory harness at that one spot.

lakesurfer

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, but what AWG are the individual runs to each glow plug, please? Is the harness (only) available for a factory turbo setup where the factory GPC is in the valve cover shelf?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, but what AWG are the individual runs to each glow plug, please? Is the harness (only) available for a factory turbo setup where the factory GPC is in the valve cover shelf?
It’s 12 awg going to the glow plugs, and I’ll make whatever suits your needs at this point, the off the shelf ones I am building use the na 7.3 location with the controller at the back of the intake. The other conversion kit eliminates the entire stock setup and mounts a white Rodgers relay on the fender well. On those I use 10 awg because of the longer run, but haven’t had any issues with either gauge wires for their application.