glow plug problems. wont start

frankstitans34

Reaction score
i have a 92 f350 7.3l non turbo.

the pluhs quit working. thought the relay might be bad as when you would turn the key the wait to start light would come on but u would hear no clicking. so i chekd the glow plugs and all are good. so i did the realy bypass to a push button switch on my dash. then to a ground. now when you push the button the wait to start light comes on and you can hear the realy click, but still get nothing to the glow plugs. checked the four posts on the top of the realy and the big post on the back passanger side has 12v continous, assumely from the battery. the little post next to it on the back drivers side has 12 v when the key is turned on. the little post on the front passanger side has the ground wire from the switch on the dash and the wait to start wire on it. the other big post on the front drivers side has a squiggly metal piece that connects it to the black box under the realy and the wireing to the glow plugs. this post never gets power. what can i do to fix this problem and get my trick up and running again, other than plugging it into the electric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online