Glow plug issues.........fixed!

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Got a '95 PSD at work that started to have starting issues.....or the lack of starting. Kinda random, but getting worse. A snort of ether would make it start easy, beyond that it would just huff white smoke.

After some talking on here and getting some heads up of what I was getting into I started to poke around. I went to test the glow plug relay to find a 12v signal, but no output to plugs. Hmmm, seems bad, so I bought a new relay. Upon removing the wires the original relay basically fell to pieces in my hand :confused:. Guess it was time for a new one.

I installed my new relay(a Standard Ignition model, so hopefully it should last), but found that it still fails to work properly. After jiggling the plug near it, I found that it would click randomly. Hmmmm, seems the signal wire was broke right outside the plug and was the main reason for the failure to work.

I cut the plug out and soldered the wires together and sealed it back up. Everything seems to work like it used to :thumbsup: Not really sure why there had to be a plug 3" from the relay?? Must be an assembly thing at the factory.

Thanks guys :yell:
;Sweet