Glove box box

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a glove box that is intact, from an 80-86 F series, that they can spare? They are cardboard, so I can't imagine anybody with one in better shape than mine, but it could happen, and I'm hoping there is one somewhere. Mine fell apart and I need to replace it.

RedTruck

Reaction score
I'm sure I have an extra, but don't know the condition. It'll be next week before I can check. If you're interested let me know.

Paul

On edit:

It would be coming from Minnesota, so you might find cheaper shipping closer to you.

Last edited:

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't know the year but i know where their is truck that will be scrapped shortly. it rusty but always garaged. how soon do you need it.joe

RedTruck

Reaction score
Mel,

Not sure if you're talking to me or Joe, but I won't be at the rally. I'd love to be there. If someone's coming through Minnesota, or is going but lives in Wisconsin or Colorado I may be able to get it to those folks for the drive over.

I'll check it out first and try to get you some pictures. It'd be a glove box from an AC rig...so you'd need the AC style screws to mount it. LOL

Paul

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a glove box that is intact, from an 80-86 F series, that they can spare? They are cardboard,

If you are meaning the inside of the glove-box, my 1985 is PLASTIC; in fact, every one I have seen in those model trucks is plastic.

Are you sure you don't have something from an older model that just got stuck in yours ??

I just had mine out a couple weeks ago, replacing the heater-core; best I can remember, there are a couple washer-head screws that keep it from falling out.

Remove the screws and the plastic compartment comes out through the open glove-box door.

You now have me curious; does anyone else have the cardboard ??

suv7734

Reaction score
Here's one at LMC. If I remember correctly you don't have AC so P/N 49-6031. $15.00 doesn't sound bad for a new one.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are meaning the inside of the glove-box, my 1985 is PLASTIC; in fact, every one I have seen in those model trucks is plastic.
My truck originally had a cardboard glove box. I think that '83 and '84 trucks had cardboard glove boxes, and '85 and '86 trucks have plastic boxes (at least from the factory). My box wasn't in great shape, and I came across a plastic box and put it in a couple of years ago...haven't looked back once. The plastic is a LOT more durable IMHO...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Mel, I've got a complete dash for that era, I'll check today to make sure it's there and I'll shoot ya a pm later on today to let ya know. Can bring it to the rally for ya.;Sweet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
medium duty trucks have a plastic one also.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't know later ones were plastic. :love: All my trucks, and parts trucks have been early models. If somebody brings a plastic one to the rally, that would be great. Good to know I can get one from LMC too. I guess we can have a glove box upgrade clinic in New Centerville. LOL

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one at LMC. If I remember correctly you don't have AC so P/N 49-6031. $15.00 doesn't sound bad for a new one.

It appears the plastic ones are $150; I guess I better keep a closer eye on mine.;p

I would make one out of aluminum or poly-carbonate, before paying much.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't know later ones were plastic. :love: All my trucks, and parts trucks have been early models. If somebody brings a plastic one to the rally, that would be great. Good to know I can get one from LMC too. I guess we can have a glove box upgrade clinic in New Centerville. LOL

Wouldn't ya know it, the one I have is plastic.
It'll be in the pile o parts headed down.;Sweet