Glass inline filter?

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use an inline fuel filter prior to the lift pump or after the lift pump before the main fuel filter?

I would like to use one to add an extra measure of safety to my new Moose IP. It would also be interesting to see how much crap it actually accumulates.

Hook me up with a link or PN.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a warning stay away from those screw together glass filters. Way too risky with all the vibration and opportunity to break spraying fuel causing a flash fire.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I Use a goldenrod filter right after the selector valve, it is a clear see through plastic. Have been using it for a while now with no problems. You can search "goldenrod filter " and get the thread on how I did mine, along with how others have set there filters up.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a GoldenRod, then a GLASS-bowl genuine LUCAS/CAV water-separater, then a genuine De-Bug "algae" killer, then --- right before the lift-pump --- a plain old generic clear see-thru inline filter as a last line of defense just before the lift-pump screen.

Between the lift-pump and injector-pump resides the main fuel-filter --- always a FleetGuard (unless it's a Baldwin or Donaldson).

I am a firm advocate of using some sort of inline filter just ahead of all lift-pumps, be they mechanical or electric.

I had the screen inside a lift-pump to clog once and shut the truck down right in an intersection; I did not find the problem until after extensive trouble-shooting and removing of components for examination; that ordeal learned me a lesson that I will never forget = ALWAYS use a pre-filter.

I would not be afraid of the clear glass ones, providing they were mounted into flexible rubber lines and not vibrating against anything that might break them.

They are quite tough and take quite a beating.

My main concern with the little clear glass ones is that all I have seen only accomodate maybe a 1/4" line, whereas a diesel needs 3/8". ;Sweet