getting ready to start paint and body pics

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next weekend, I am going to start on the paint and body on my 93 f250 regular cab. I am a body/paint tech so its easy for me but wanted to see if anyone wanted pics with some instructions and such, it may be able to help someone whos just trying for the first time, I will be installing new bedsides, tailgate, fenders, hood, patching the cab corners, it sounds like a rust bucket but its not I just hate patching any small rust holes, rather nip it in the butt from the start and replace the whole panels Let me know if your intrested

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I am curious to see the "right way" the school is teaching you how to do it.

Schools anymore are a joke, you learn in the real world. I know i did, i can wipe my ass w my associates degree and ASE i got in auto mechanics. I learned everything by actually working on cars and trucks. Not from some *******, being too lazy to actually doing things, but teach about them

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
agreed. i went to 2 years of college and just honed my skills. knew everything they taught me. but i got this fancy peice of paper that says i know what i am doing. lol

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While i agree with you Brad. I must say that it really depends on what kind of school you attented. I went to a school for a specific dealer and was taught wat that dealer wanted. So my teachers were basically retired mechanics. HOWEVER, once I got to the dealer, I was pretty much a noob big time and the guys in the shop had to train me all over again on not only how to do it right, but QUICKLY!

*edit* I am also really insterested in seeing your body work pics. I just picked up a small 110V mig with .024 wire and gas just for body stuff like this.

whenry912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, pics please! My 91 really needs help in the paint body department, would like to see what I am up against!

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested. I'm in the process of doing my first ever paint job. It's been way to long and I haven't done a thing right, but there's paint on the truck!