GCWR on a 89 F250?

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I have tried to search but cannot find anything specific for my 89 f250 4x4 supercab, automatic and 4.10.

Can anyone tell me what the GCWR is?

For now the registration papers says 6050 pounds/2750 kg trailer weight and it would be nice to get it up to 7700 pounds/3500 kg, which is max for ball hitches in Norway. I can get the trailer weight raised to 3500 kg, but gcwr is apperantly limited to 14000 pounds/6350 kg, which means that I would have to keep the truck empty if I want the trailer fully loaded.. I would preferably like to have a gross vehicle weight at 7700 pounds/3500 kg also when the trailer is fully loaded trailer, wich mean I would need at least 15500 pounds/7000 kg gcwr.

Weight limits in the trucks registration papers are absolute and cannot be exceeded. You get a severe ticket if you are stopped and loose your licence if the overload is severe, and can get in trouble with the insurance company if you should have an accident.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone has their manual handy and can look that up for you. Checked out your Norwegian thread. Looks like you guys have some pretty cool rigs there! Although judging by the pictures, it's cool there all the time. LOL ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is 8600 lbs...

He's talking combined gross vehicle weight rating which is load and whatever it can tow. 8600 is GVWR which is just the most weight you can put on the wheels.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some places in the states also require you to register your vehicle of the GCWR weight. I know someone who knows someone that was stopped and the truck they were driving was not registered for the GCWR so in order to travel on they had to have someone update the registration and bring it to them. They were then allowed to travel on and for a few hundred bucks they were given a map to avoid all the DOT stops along their route.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats one thing I do like about Florida, I drive overweight all the time and the cops and DOT never even turn to look at me.

Now I do take it easy and keep my speed down. I was hauling sod on a 30 ft flatbed the other day, I think I weighed in at 24k, that was little a heavy, heavier then I care to haul without the trailer brakes working. I just took it easy and stayed off peoples butts.

I usually run around at about 17k total and thats pretty comfortable with the stock brakes and na motor.

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score