Gave the truck its anual bath yesterday:)

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
And figured I might as well take a couple pics so here they are :D

You must be registered for see images

Over the past year I've logged almost exactly 3k miles, have done one coolant flush, one oil change, replaced the IP and one air filter change. I also added a trio of isspro gauges, a 3.55 rear end and a banks transcommand.

This year I need to add the matching front axle just incase I ever want to use 4x4 (have entire front end in my shed waiting for installation) and play with boost and fuel settings.

For reference here it is after its anual bath last year (not much has changed).

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
hehe

well, I sorta cleaned the rims - I hit them with a little simple grean and then pressure washed them. The po wasn't much on rim cleaning and the finish is in pretty bad shape. Honestly, they could certainly be cleaner, but they are never going to look great. The tires, well, I'm planning on buying new ones soon.......

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
what you washed it and didn't clean the rims and tires whats wrong with you? J/K ya looks good though

LOL LOL I was thinking the exact same thing!! :D So the truck only gets cleaned annually and the tires only get cleaned when you get new ones!?! Works for me! :thumbsup: LOL

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
LOL LOL I was thinking the exact same thing!! :D So the truck only gets cleaned annually and the tires only get cleaned when you get new ones!?! Works for me! :thumbsup: LOL

That was the first thing that popped into my mind too. Get some aircraft stripper & strip the clear coat off your wheels. They will look much better & you could polish them out to a mirror finish if you wanted to. I've done it.

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
ehh, too much work:) Most of my tire and wheel cleaning consists of a shot of de-greaser followed by a blast from the pressure washer;p

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
bikepilot said:
ehh, too much work:) Most of my tire and wheel cleaning consists of a shot of de-greaser followed by a blast from the pressure washer;p

UUUMMM, it's not much different from how you clean them now LOL . Slop/brush on heavy amounts of stripper all around the wheel, leave it sit for about a 1/2 hour, then pressure wash it off. Repeat if it doesn't all come of the first time. Easy really. I sanded & polished mine after stripping cause they were in BAD shape & I like the mirror shine, but a simple strip would bring the "new" look back. Here's mine. The wheel faces looked like the sides of the rims beforehand.

Attachments

• 4 PSD Wheels.jpg
    4 PSD Wheels.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 11

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
No, I didn't mean the stripping was too much work, the bare aluminum would be too much work. With my lax cleaning schedule they'd be really corroded by this time next year.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Na, I haven't polished mine again since I put them on the truck about a year ago. They do make a sealer wax for polished aluminum. It's a once a year treatment supposedly. I think it's called Zoops. Never tried the stuff though. Just a suggestion.

You live pretty close by. I could do 'em for ya for a small fee. LOL Hell, I'd even give ya my old rims to use while I have yours.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of Ford's best color schemes... I'd love to see that clean truck up close and personal.

Mike

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
One of Ford's best color schemes... I'd love to see that clean truck up close and personal.

Mike
your welcome to stop by should you be passing through NoVA - I'm a few miles off I95, exit 143 or 140.
:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online