Gave the truck a little work out.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I used the truck tow home a e350 15 passenger van last Friday. Aside from having some trailer brake light wiring issues with the trucks factory trailer harness it went pretty well. The truck had no problem scooting along with the van on the trailer. The only part that was kinda killer was hitting the slopes coming back up into NW Arkansas. I would lose speed down to about 45-50 on the steep grades. I figure once I get my turbo put on and pump and injectors replaced(@265000) it will be a whole different animal.:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Replacing the pump and injecters will awaken the sleeping monster these idi engines can be. What are your plans for a pump and injecters. Please be careful buying any injecters that the seller says are new remunufactured injecter.. WTH is that.. A new injecter is just that. A new remanufactured injecter is not new. Its been cleaned but thats about all. No shop can rebuild and injecter. Pop test it. Shim it and still sell it less than what a new injecter costs. Just the parts alone will cost more than a complete new injecter. Another noteworthy item is never buy a painted injection pump. Only true reason a shop paints a pump is they are trying to hide something.. Mostly whats hiding under the paint it evidence the pump was not bead blasted clean so it was not taken apart and actually rebuilt. Some unscruplous ebay sellrs are painting a pump that has been "tested to put out any amount of fuel. Then its painted and sold as rebuilt.. I for one will not buy a paint rebuild. Look at what Conestoga Diesel sells. Their pumps are never painted. They are the highest quality money can buy. I'm no expert. I can do magic with my hands but open up and see whats in a pump.. Nope. I think the gasket and o ring kits alone have 76 pieces...:eek: Not really sure thats the number but is close. There are so many adjustments that have to be made its impossible for the shade tree guy to do it at home. Stanadyne recommends some parts are to be installed under calibration fluid so there is no dirt contamination...:eek: Who has the ability to do that... Nobody but a surgically clean shop with an air filtration system that keeps clean air in the assembly shop. No good shop will test run your injection pump on their claibration machines either. Those have to pump clean fluid all the time. Can you imagine what a dirty pump could do to a $100,000.00 machine....