gauges

Big Red

Reaction score
i have a 92 cummins and i need to know what the best way to wire in a tac. anyone have any ideas?

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Buy the Isspro gauge and harness. It plugs directly into the factory tach harness under the dash. Other than that, you'll need the magnet kit and a pickup that reads revs off the harmonic balancer. I have this style and the magnets are a PITA (which is why it hasn't worked since I installed them).

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Provided his truck has a tach pick-up from the factory. I've heard that the 92s were hit or miss. If you don't have the wiring already, you need to use the magnetic pick-up, or an alternator signal. You could probably make a pick-up work off of the flywheel ring gear, but that would require a bit of effort.
Travis..

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Right and like I said before, 91 was the transition year. 91.5 trucks have intercoolers and the wiring is hit and miss. Dodge still had large amounts of new parts inventory that they still needed to install in the trucks hence the seemingly random wiring differences. 92 and 93 trucks are essentially the same and unless there's an early 92 odd ball, all 92s ought to have the wiring.