gas to idi in a 91 f250

5.0bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

ill get some pics up this weekend, i ended up buying a donor truck which had 95% of everything i needed, i swapped wiring from the head lights to the tail lights and all the motor mounts and everything bolted up in the factory holes, the holes for the cross member were even drilled in the frame already, overall it was an easy swap but it was a litle time consuming fixing all of the worn out parts off the old farm truck i bought for the donor but it went great, i even swapped in a solid front axle out of an 78 f250, its not a dana 60 but i got a good deal on it until i fugured i had to put gears in it lol, sorry it took so long to reply ive been slammed at work and havent been around a computer much. i even put one of mels moose pumps on it and a banks non gated turbo kit on it and it runs awesome for a wore out engine its a little low on compression but that means time to build bigger and better, i even pulled at the county fair this year and it pulled 240 ft which isnt to bad i dont think, it even beat a 12v first gen cummins lol

fellro86

Reaction score
Just going to throw this out, but the issue on the frame is where the oil filter is on the 351W. It is best to make some kind of attachment to hook the plates up to. The way the mounts are on the IDI motors, the motor mounts sit right on the motor crossmember, while the gas motors (except the 300-6) have the perches mount right behind the cross member. The 302 and 351W have a big hole in the frame for the oil filter, so you have to make a plate to mount to hook up to. The driver side mount is the one that is stressed the most as well.

Highrock Farrier

Reaction score
Hi All
New to the forum with a few questions before I plunge into a project. I have a (relatively) low miles 91 F250 7.3 ZF5 that California has given me fits about replacing a lost title after I came back to Arkansas. It's a 2X2 and I've found a clean 4X4 identical down to color except for the 460 gasser. My long term plan is to modify in stages after the swap and build my forever truck.

Any suggestions or comments before I plunge in?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm, I'd venture to say that as long as what you are driving is titled with working plates and no one gets really nosy there really won't be any issues

Highrock Farrier

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, but my greatest concern is if the stock front suspension will work until I get a heavy duty lift kit installed. Due to budgetary constraints, I'm planning this project in phases. Getting the gasser running gear out and the idi in is my first step. From another thread I found a great tip for the firewall mods I'll need for a future turbo installation. One of my biggest forum challenges is being a forum newbie and figuring out searching threads. The learning curve will straighten out... right before the dive over the bluff!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You'll figure the forum navigation out soon enough. Enjoy the new tire smell the forum has :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online