Gas 4x4 VS Diesel 4x4

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warden, he was referring to the truck's seller, as the guy says in the ad that he doesn't know if the engine is a Cleveland or a Windsor.
I know that, but he did say "no one", which implied to me that, while he was referring to this guy in particular, he also meant it as a more general statement. :)

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got a reply, when and if I go to see it, I will take lots of pics and if the price is right I will drag it home...

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how no one knows the difference between the different 351's ford offered haha all the time!! :)

It's not easy sometimes. You can roughly go by the year sometimes, but then you have the guys who swap in anything just because they have the other engine laying around. Being a 351, it's "supposed" to be a 351w according to the year. But I guess someone could have put in a 351m or a 351c. The quickest way to tell the difference between the 351w and the 351m is the number of valve cover bolts, 6 for the 351w, 8 for the 351m.

Trying to tell the difference between a 351m and a 351c can be tough. Luckily they didn't make the 351c for very long, so you don't seem them very often.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not easy sometimes. You can roughly go by the year sometimes, but then you have the guys who swap in anything just because they have the other engine laying around. Being a 351, it's "supposed" to be a 351w according to the year. But I guess someone could have put in a 351m or a 351c. The quickest way to tell the difference between the 351w and the 351m is the number of valve cover bolts, 6 for the 351w, 8 for the 351m.

Trying to tell the difference between a 351m and a 351c can be tough. Luckily they didn't make the 351c for very long, so you don't seem them very often.
I don't care what it has in it GAS it too damned expensive! I will use it very shortly to be a backup for my truck now I have to do a lot of moving, so it will run until the moving is complete then I will transplant the diesel into it and have a 4X4 diesel CC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online