Garrett T04E13

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm FAR from a turbo expert. That being said, here's my .02 (and it may not even be worth half of that). From my quick research, it appears to be for a DT466. Since that's a larger engine that probably makes more power than ours and also probably has less compression than ours, I'd recommend against it. I think it would make more boost than out engines could safely handle with anything that resembles reliability. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me soon.

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was of a dt466 and i did ask what it made for boost and he stated that it was between 10-15 at 2200 rpm. and i wouldn't think that 7.6 to 7.3 would be a huge deal. But i dont know and thats why i'm asking

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with that turbo, yet I would say just look for a stock Garrett, ATS .88, Banks, Hypermax, or R&D IDI setup. R&D uses an S200 for their stage 1 setup, you can find them on EBay pretty readily. Make sure to look at the measurements too. Good luck!!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.15 turbine could be pretty laggy. That being said, it's free so what do you have to lose by trying? Is there enough room to fit the turbo in there?

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... if it’s free then pick it up. However I think it’s probably out of its efficiency on an IDI, you’d need to push a good bit of fuel and rpms to get boost. I’d slap a S200 with a .81 exhaust housing and a small intercooler on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess im not sure what the big difference is, I did find a compressor map for it. it cam off a slightly larger engine(11CI) but lower rpms, 2200-2400. Why would it be laggy or not produce alot of boost? I know im new to forced induction. Couldn't i change the turbine housing to a smaller a/r? I'd love to buy the right charger and when i get the truck build done i will but this one was free. So I do have it now. On the other side i would like to push as much boost as possible once my head studs are in.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They Hypermax turbos for our trucks use a 1.15 exhaust housing so I dont see that as a problem. A little tighter does help if you want quicker spool though. What are the specs on the turbo? Specifically what is the inducer size on the compressor wheel?

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
BW S257 with a 1.10 a/r isnt much smaller than that turbo it seems and they should make plenty of power early in the rpm band.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726