full custom gauges my journey from stock to usefull

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would not want the tom tom in the dash it goes between vehicles. also the leds are avaible at advance auto too i bought those for the blinker lights.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those LEDs ready to just wire straight to plain old 12-volts ??

I am getting excited about this possibility of finally getting all of my gauges all lit-up and actually see-able.

I guess the same remedy would also benefit all those much-too-dim factory dash illumination bulbs.

I have found, but not yet bought/tried direct 194 LED replacements; however, they are a bit pricey.

Thanks for the picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

I got the LEDs from Pep Boys I think.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
What is the rubber hose for on those LED's??

It is there to hold the LEDs in the "light tube" that several Sunpro gauges I've seen use to illuminate the gauge. I don't know if that technique is effective when trying to re-light a factory dash, though.

MIDNIGHT RIDER said:
Are those LEDs ready to just wire straight to plain old 12-volts ??

I am getting excited about this possibility of finally getting all of my gauges all lit-up and actually see-able.

I guess the same remedy would also benefit all those much-too-dim factory dash illumination bulbs.

I have found, but not yet bought/tried direct 194 LED replacements; however, they are a bit pricey.

Yes, they are 12V LEDs, you can find them at a lot of different places. For a factory dash, it may be easier to get the 194 replacements, because in that application the lights have to shine "sideways", i.e., LEDs are usually very directional in their output, whereas the incandescent OEM bulbs make a more ambient output. The 194 LED replacements I've seen are designed especially to output more light to the side, so if you made up your own out of plain LEDs like I did, you would want them pointing to the side I imagine.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will want the bulb for the stock dash because the dash uses that curcuit board.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online