fuel system replace

commonsthor

Reaction score
:confused: started ordering parts today to replace fuel system, is there a special ip ican get for more performance? what about injectors ?? who should i order my pump and injectors from?:shoot:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Talked with Ken about his hooper-dooper fueling pump and the only way to run that pump is to lower compression and crank the boost up. Needs his injectors as well - they are opened up quite a bit for more fuel flow. The injection pump needs an aftermarket fuel pump because he rips the stock vane pump out of the injection pump and the stock or cheapie electrics won't flow enough to keep her supplied.

Ken's top of the line pump is not for the faint of heart.

But I do believe that he has a lower tier pump that stocker type engines can handle. Basically his sooper-dooper deal is for doing pulling and drag racing that they use in thier 6.9 from hell (his test bed truck the one with the mains welded in place).

commonsthor

Reaction score
thanks for the info argve . mel pm at tds with info on how to do everything thanks to him also. i dont want to go to extreme on hp i need reliability as this is my work truck, once i get my fuel system done i think iwill go with propane like scotty berez (sp) did he said it made a big dif. i just got pyro/boost gages to install, so should be good there. is 3 in. dp the biggest i can go? will be doing clutch pedal mod next week . replaced clutch 6 months ago wwith luk smf,still grinds in 4 hopefully that will fix that