Fuel Supply Line Heating & where to put my FPHE

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I currently have my rear tank plumbed with a coolant heated Arctic Fox which is a pickup as well, I have a VegTherm Mega just before my OEM fuel filter. This setup seems to work OK, even in subzero temps. My waste oil never seems to get above 120'F so I've invested in a 30 plate SS FPHE to add to the system to hopefully get me to the vicinity of 150F.

I'm unwilling to loop my return lines at this juncture.

So the question is - put the FPHE in line near the Vegtherm in the engine bay or put it on the frame rail in front of the FSV - I already have coolant lines running there for teh Arctic Fox.

Thoughts?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Putting the FPHE under the hood will give more heat because it's close to a hot engine. Mounting it on the frame rail will force you to super insulate the fuel line so you don't lose precious heat on the way to your injectors. No one is asking you to loop your WMO return, BUT it really helps because the hot WMO return is already hot so why return it to an ice cold tank only to have to heat ice cold WMO in your sub-freezing temps? I've said it numerous times and I'll repeat myself for the last time. Your coolant loop hot out from tee from head needs to go to the FPHE first then where ever and back to return tee. This will give your WMO maximum heat just prior to your VTM. I think you are under estimating efficiency of a FPHE. I bet you will see way over 160*F after your VTM if you follow my suggestions. Maybe as high at 170-180*F once fully warm.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
You gunna threaten to spank me too?! Geesh guy. You've been of great help thus far, but you don't need to get all crotchety about it.

p.s. nevermind that you're seemingly getting bent out of shape over something that I wasn't going to do anyway. Just avoid my posts in the future if they upset you.

Merry Christmas

I've said it numerous times and I'll repeat myself for the last time. Your coolant loop hot out from tee from head needs to go to the FPHE first then where ever and back to return tee.

Last edited:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
If trying to save you some grief makes me look crotchety, get your eyes examined. I've never been talked to like that from anybody I've helped as much as I've helped you. Suit yourself. You just lost me and my GOOD advice forever. I will never reply to another post or thread of yours since you seem totally ungrateful. You're a CLASS A JERK.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
You might try not talking to people like they're a 12 year olds and you won't have them call you out on the rug about it. Your condescending tone is what got you the answer which so clearly displeased you.

I do want to thank you for advice you've given me in the past on WO related issues.

Since you've promised never to answer another one of my posts I figure we're done here.