fuel question

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have seen on here a lot of people using different type fuels to save money and wondering what you guys think about using used transsistor oil, i can get plenty of it and wondering what i should do to set it up for my trk, i have the 7.3 n/a. Also should i run like one tank of diesel and one tank of used oil or can i just run it off of straight oil all the time, i also can get regular used motor oil as well, clean but used, and i plan on filtering it with paint strainers before putting it in my tank, thanks

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
i would do alittle more filtering like down to 10microns this will get most of the junk out i filter mine down to 7 mic this way it is almost clean looking

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about that oil. I know GE made a lot of transformer oil and some of that is not something you want to co-habitate with! :eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
It's PCB's.....very nasty stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl
and a testing kit for the presence of PCB's
www.dexsil.com/uploads/docs/dtr_03_01.pdf

that being said, yes, transformer oil is some pretty good stuff to burn due to the low contaminants in the oil. Just be careful of the "additives"
I don't know for sure, but I hear PCBs turn regulars into mutants that grow 3-4 extra arms out'a their forehead & 2-3 extra functional eyeballs looking out'a their butt, and start talking slow!

I don't know whats in today's transformer oil, but we used to haul transformers all thru '70s & '80's, all way from little itsy-bitsy to some really giant ones. We'd load in early '70s & shippers might casually say something in idle talk, kinda in passing, over their shoulder "'ya might not want to get leaked oil on 'ya, try to wash it off in next couple of days"

By early '80s we signed that we received it, then they would hand us a big "Safety Package" with lots of 800#s to call if disaster struck, instructions on how to contain spills, inst. to wash up within very few minutes,etc etc.

By late '80s it got nearly to where my drivers had to sign & swear their life away along with their first born, have 800#s pasted on windshield to where they had to look past it just to watch the road, have shovels on board, nearly have a Zoot Suit onboard, be prepared to build & maintain a 30' **** around a spill of more than 2 drops, be educated & prepared in directing traffic, understand the workings of functional phones....

Then they had to get ready to give their soul to the Almighty, because if he didn't get it, the Government was!!!!:rotflmao:rotflmao

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its tramsformer oil, i dont know why i put transsistor i wasnt thinking, but i can get all i want, my boss has 40 55gallon drums of it and can get plenty more. The shop i work at we use it for the oil burn heat and when i pour it out of the drum it looks as clean as new oil. Also its supposed to have aceiline in it as well and he swears it will make my trk run fine, sorry i cant spell

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Transformer oil is mineral oil. It will burn fine. About the PCB issue. It will have to have a placard on it declaring it contains PCB'S. Yes, its really clean looking stuff. I worked in a shop next to our large machine shop draining out this oil from new and used pole and pad mount transformers. Only very rarely did one come in that tested to have PCB oil in it. Usually they were very old units from the 60's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online