fuel leak pic help please

godieselgo

Reaction score
Chasing fuel leaks again.
I have a leak right where the left tine of the wrench is pointing - its a hard line that goes in to the center of the ip I guess.
There looks like 3 different sized connections in that immediate area, and one of them is leaking a drop every few seconds.
I tried to snug up the connection I could get a wrench on, but that didn't help.
How would I go about fixing this annoying leak?
:dunno I don't really want to take off all of the hard lines.
You must be registered for see images attach

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
There's an olive on the hard line from the filter leaking right at the connection on the pump. A guy on this forum with the username TYP4 sells them. PM him about getting some shipped.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above is true both ways. The o-ring you need is for the 5/16 fuel line. Each end has one on it. Usually they are difficult to remove from the brass nuts. A dental pick works great for this. They look like a piece of 5/16 fuel hose about 1/8 inch long. Don't know if you could make one from a piece of hose either...:dunno

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your International dealer should have the olives, that's where I got mine.

gandalf

Reaction score
The International part number is 1815780C1.

I even have a picture of that end of the hard line, the end which joins the IP. The old olive is on the hard line, and the new olive at the end of the arrow.

Attachments

• DSCF7922.JPG
    DSCF7922.JPG
    811.7 KB · Views: 45

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ken, thanks for the great picture. I'm sure now other members will know what an olive actually looks like. Nothing better than a clear picture of something. A blury picture is the most worthless thing in my opinion posted on the forum. Not attempting to single any person out. Just trying to get a clear picture posted that we can actually see and not wonder... WTH is that fuzzy mess....:sly:D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The International part number is 1815780C1.

I even have a picture of that end of the hard line, the end which joins the IP. The old olive is on the hard line, and the new olive at the end of the arrow.

Last package of the olives I got from IH dealer was 5 for $2.86. Cheap, same PN as above.

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I redid those olives when I installed my injection pump recently. They seem to do the initial job. Are these intended as a one time use? I redid some work last week and took some fittings off and found them all chewed up. When I initiall tightened them I would feet the metal part in towards the middle and then screw the nut down with the other so it wouldn't tweak.

Oh and getting my old ones out were all hell, lol. I ended up using an angled pick tool and kept stabbing and pulling out piece by piece until I could get underneath a big chunk and pry it up. Once I got down to the bottom in the same spot I could then get underneath the whole piece leftover and start prying it out as one. Also once I relieved pressure I would turn it and rock it back and forth to try and work it free.

I am going to be doing away with all of those hardlines once I tackle replacing all the fuel rails and pulling off the bed to redo the senders. Mccaster carr has some real nice thick walled rubber clear hoses so you can see whats going on.

backyardfuel

Reaction score
Backyardfuel

The last time I removed Olives I burned them off with a propane torch and blew out the crud with an air hose,

godieselgo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - replaced the olive -yes the old one sucked to get out.
Problem is, it looks like my leak is in the fitting that the fitting with the olive in it connects to. (Read that a few times and it should make sense.)
It looks like this larger fitting is dripping. I didn't try to take it apart - needed to get the truck back together at the time. But I would definitely like to fix it.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
The fitting on the injector pump has an O-ring. Just unscrew it from the pump, and those threads that go in the pump have an O-Ring on 'em. Just replaced mine yesterday actually