Fuel heater wire to activate electric lift pump relay?

gandalf

Reaction score
It took me just a couple minutes, but I found a list of more acronyms than you will ever want to know. They're supposed to all be diesel truck related.

Acronym List Linky --Click on this.

gandalf

Reaction score
gandalf, Greatly appreciate the effort but the link didn't open.
That's odd, it works well at this end. I went back to my post, clicked on it, and it opened. If you're posting from work they may have blocked it.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gandalf, Greatly appreciate the effort but the link didn't open.
Gandlalf: the link worked just fine for me.

gjabrown: maybe the Canadian internet is different? :joker: Just kidding.

BTW, I love every part of the three Canadian provinces I have spent time in, and IMHO: BC is the best. See how I used all those acronyms? It's awful isn't it, I could have just typed out "by the way", "in my humble opinion", and "British Columbia". Screw acronyms: life's long enough to type it all out and remove all doubt ;)

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
BTW, I love every part of the three Canadian provinces I have spent time in, and IMHO: BC is the best. See how I used all those acronyms? It's awful isn't it,
It was fine to me, but I do know those acronyms LOL I have seen people on (where ever it may be) using single ones that are half of a sentence long (ok, I exaggerate) where I have to stop and think about what it stands for. I guess I'm of the age where I'm familiar with the short ones but not the long ones.

Although, even my mom who's not far from 70 has started using short ones, like "yw" even when she's at a full keyboard at her computer. Several years ago, she shocked me when she actually figured out how to text from a numpad basic phone. I sent her a text, not needing or expecting a reply, but got one.

And "BC" is pretty normal, US states do it too after all. (not to mention "US" itself) Who wants to have to write out "Mississippi" or "British Columbia" on the small space of an envelope, or less even less common now: postcards? Even before the standardized 2 letter abbreviations, some people would shortened them to things like "Colo" for Colorado. Example:

You must be registered for see images attach

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I’m also familiar with all the people who say “C Springs”. If you’ve never seen Pikes Peak, how would you know that C Springs means Colorado Springs? Calculus is pretty hard. Typing is not that hard. In my opinion, the world would be a better place if we spelled it all out and saved the confusion.

(Insert end to spelling and grammar rant ended here.)