Fuel Filter head (?)Question

saltbranch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
89' 7.3
The housing where you screw the filter on to. There is a wire/connection on the top and one that comes in from the side. What do they do? The connection on the top starting leaking. I was able to pry off the wire connector, which pretty much detroyed the connector and use some sealant to seal the leak so I could make the 100 mile drive home. When I get a new filter head or whatever its called does this wire need to be hooked back up, if so think Ford will have the connector?
Thanks

saltbranch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get the plastic part out of the filter head? I am guessing the O ring goes under it. I did not see a way to get it out.

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
afaik you have to remove the filter itself, and then remove the stud that the filter threads onto. Then it all comes apart and the o-ring is on the plastic part with the connector, I haven't done mine yet but I need to. It leaked only once, at the start of the cold weather

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I gutted the whole fuel heater system. Not sure it works anyway.

to remove the heater, you take off the filter, and unscrew the brass fitting that the filter screws to. remove the aluminum plate and then you will see the plastic connector. Its up to you whether or not you want to replace the o-ring or gut it and fill it in with jb-weld. However I can guarantee it will never leak again if you fill it in

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Great pictorial writeup. We need more of that so others will actually see how simple these engines are to work on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online