Front end rebuild

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys getting ready to rebuild the whole front end of my truck and I am trying to decide on what brand of parts to go with. I'm doing ball joints, tie rods, bearings, bushings you name it. I already have a Poly leaf spring bushing kit but still looking for the rest. I was leaning toward Motorcraft parts but if there is better readily available then I will go that route. Want to do it once and it last a while. Thanks

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
If You don't go Motorcraft, stick with well trusted name brands. Moog, TRW, etc. Stay away from over the counter stuff at Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know where I can get the Spicer ball joints? Rock auto used to sell them but I can't seem to find them on there now. I have used Moog in the past and never really a fan but they are easy to get.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put XRF ball joints in mine. Seam to be holding up great. The Dodge guys swear by them. Only a few of us Boobs have used them so far.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Dana/Spicer and Timken bearings. After doing some research online, I used the Moog "Problem Solver" parts on my TTB.

Wish I had a Dana 60 like your rig: makes the work seem more worth it ;Sweet

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I love my D60. I won't even buy an F250 anymore unless it has a D60 under it. Just gotta get her back on the road. Everything that I need to do I bet I will drop $3k in her in the next month or two but then hopefully she will be road worthy again.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Any pick n pulls local? Any dana 50 hub from our era will work. I dont have any in stock or id let ya have em cheap. All i have is a dial and a partial internal hub.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All are junk yards around here are mostly late model stuff. The 250 and 350 hubs are the same and the 150 is different correct?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Napa and Carquest sell Warn hubs. Inland Truck Parts should have a full selection of Dana/Spicer u-joints, ball joints, seals, and whatever else they make. Warn and Dana/Spicer are definately the way to go in my opinion. Warn hubs are OEM. OEM sealed ball joints and u-joints are for the most part Spicer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online