Freightliners electrical issue........

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
:mad:If someone who knows about freightliner electrical:mad:
'02 FL90 when the park/marker lights are on by themselves they will stay on fine indefinitely (switch in down position). But when the headlights are on with the park/marker lights (switch in up position) the park/marker lights go out after awhile on there own. Than if all the lights are turned off (switch in middle position) or just the park/marker lights are on (switch down position) the lights will come on after awhile on there own.

I have already changed both park/marker circuit relays
I have already tested the breaker's
And as far as I can tell the switch is fine (If the switch is screwed wouldn`t the headlights go out too?)
I am out of ideas:dunno

Last edited by a moderator:

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would replace the switch anyway. Freightliner uses 2 different power sources and differest sides of the switch for headlights and marker lights. You could have bad contacts on the marker light side of the switch(up side only). I won't swear to it.:dunno

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I primarily work on 97-99 FLD120's. That is where I would start. If I think of something else, I will post more.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would replace the switch anyway. Freightliner uses 2 different power sources and differest sides of the switch for headlights and marker lights. You could have bad contacts on the marker light side of the switch(up side only). I won't swear to it.:dunno

+1the switch should be a 6 prong like what is used on the older fisher plows for the lights.one side is headlights and one side is parking lights.one side can go bad

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I agree with all the above posts. Freightshaker uses some of the crapiest switches on planet earth.
Ken

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
I agree with all the above posts. Freightshaker uses some of the crapiest switches on planet earth.
Ken

I personally believe freightliners to be the crapiest trucks on the planet
as the saying goes: "I would rather have a sister in a ********** than a brother in a freightliner."

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I personally believe freightliners to be the crapiest trucks on the planet
as the saying goes: "I would rather have a sister in a ********** than a brother in a freightliner."

:rotflmao:rotflmao
Mee too:rotflmao:rotflmao I was just trying to be nice;Sweet

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
This weekend I am going to open the wall and fix with 2 street "T" one where it should have gone in the first place and another as a cleanout so I don't have to remove the goosenecks if there is a next time. Oh yeah and remove the clog.

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Freightliner has a clog in the wall now! I knew they where crappy trucks but geez:rotflmao
As long as the lights on you kitchen sink still work all is well;SweetLOL
Ken

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
Is this one of those friggin' Freightshaker ground start systems that the asians and europeans used for years? If it has a cat in it it is a split system most likley, What a Healthy PITA. If you are still having problems start by Isolating the wires and make shure that the switched return is not going to ground, aqlfo they like to have internal harness meltdowns, mostly where the wiring to the hood is run by the hood hinges. If that doest work out PM me and ill give you my number. Ive worked on quite a few of these.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Agreed. I have been through the hood hinge harness meltdown a few times as well as teh harness in the front wheel wells for the signals melting down. From the porblem described I really would have blamed the switch first.
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.