Frankenstein dually with nice interior

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a SFbay area truck. CC's are not taken care of on the outside for a couple of reasons. One, there's no place to park them inside on a regular basis. The sun beats down on them all the time. Two, unless you live in the western part of SF or Pacifica, you can have exposed metal and there is no rust forming at all. Three, a nicely painted and cared for truck invites vandalism from the greenies. When I bought my CC dually back in 2004, it was in top shape. The paint on the front of the truck is now sandblasted from commuting from CA to TX and back, where the sand hasn't killed, the clearcoat is falling off. Still, I have no body rot or surface rust and imho that's what really matters.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to sit on the exterior on a cross country trip :D ! Looks comfy! Any idea where those seats came from?

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Those are 97-99 gmc-chevy suburban seats

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two, unless you live in the western part of SF or Pacifica, you can have exposed metal and there is no rust forming at all.
Ain't that the truth!!! :shocked: cookoo sadly, my truck can attest to both sides of that...

Just wondering, how did you pick out that it's originally a Bay Area truck?

You don't have to sit on the exterior on a cross country trip :D !
That much is true, but personally I'd take cloth over leather any day of the week. But, that's just me... :angel:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing Tim.. Just how did someone know this was a frisco rig. Its located about 12 miles from me now.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Leather is real comfortable for long distance trips. However, when your A/C goes to hell(like mine did this week in my Lexus), then you're going to hate life.