Ford CL9000 cab over (1978)

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
Ford CL9000 cab over (1978) **FIXED**

Old mayflower truck, i made the mistake trying to start it when it was just too cold. now the starter is sticking and I can't get to it. I can see how to raise the cab via a hydraulic pump, but can't figure out how to unlatch the cab to let it go up? I gotta move my equipment, but at the same time, just two days ago, my lil dumper's water pump decided to let go (chevy 366) and it took the fan and radiator with it :mad:

so, i was planning on buying a new truck, but not under duress.

if someone knows how to raise the cab on this puppy, please call me, I'll be out trying to figure it out and finding a new starter.

thanks, tim

Last edited:

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is two ways these cabs could have latched, One is a lever at the back of the cab or they where hydraulic latched which if that is the case you just continue to use the pump and the pressure will unlatch and raise cab, you may have to play with the position of the valve on the pump. Also you might try a socket and breaker bar on the front crankshaft bolt. Just try turning it backwards a little, that should disengage the starter.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
diesel back up n running

thanks for the info.

I did manage to get er squared away with a lotta help from GEONC(thanks so much for calling) :thanks:;Sweet and some other advice.
disconnected the batts and fully charged individually, gave the solenoid a few raps with my favorite tool, sprayed down with some lube, hopped in the cab and it fired soon as i touched the button.:thumbsup:

now the only prob is i lost my excuse to hurry my purchase of a new 550:oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance