For you NA guys

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Is there any advantage to using one of these, or is it just to have a neat-looking air cleaner? Seems to me it has a non-removable soup bowl, why would I want one after I removed mine already?

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
There's other components from Banks that I'd love to put on, but this thing just looks like it wants to fill up with water. Mobile IS the rainiest city in the lower 48, you know. Been beating Seattle for a while now.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Banks Power Pack was a highly respected air cleaner mod. It uses a larger filter than stock, and has better flow then a stock air cleaner. It was dyno proven to add 10HP if I recall the sales liturature of the time. There should be a K&N air filter in the thing. For that price, scoop it up! I sold mine a long time ago for $50, and wished I had kept it, but I only had 1 IDI at the time, and had turbo'd it.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
The Banks Power Pack was a highly respected air cleaner mod. It uses a larger filter than stock, and has better flow then a stock air cleaner. It was dyno proven to add 10HP if I recall the sales liturature of the time. There should be a K&N air filter in the thing. For that price, scoop it up! I sold mine a long time ago for $50, and wished I had kept it, but I only had 1 IDI at the time, and had turbo'd it.

X2!
I ran the same thing, It is worth the money! $35.00 is cheap,..

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should clarify I am NOT selling this, just found it on CL and thought I would pass it on.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
the BAnks Power Pack is more than just an air cleaner, it also includes a manifolds-back exhaust system and a pyrometer. then the IP gets turned up a little.

I had one on a truck I had, it had a K&N style reusable air "filter" that looked more like corrugated window screen. that truck ran good, but i did not like the air filter at all.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
well then, i called and email the seller now i know why he didnt reposnd!. oh well, i always have the ray wel lid. enjoy ur new lid!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70