For Shawn in Nebraska

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picture he's needin'.

You want the bottom one, but compare what you have to both.

Attachments

• for.jpg
    for.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 49

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Okay, well. Here's my thoughts.
I believe it very well is the ignition switch. I replaced the column only a few days after I got the truck, and have always had to jimmy the key switch to get everything to work correctly. So, I think Im going to replace the switch at the bottom of the column first before I start pulling wires.
How would I go about recalibrating the new switch? calibrate it to the off position?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Okay, pics of the wire and following it to that box. But who knows what happens to it after that. More than likely it turns into a red wire coming out of that box, because there's a red wire out of that box that is soldered to the S wire as well as the wire running to the tube thing below the fuel filter (on the engine side of the harness). On the dash side of that solder joint, those 3 wires turn into 2 bigger red wires.

You must be registered for see images

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I know why you said it would be easier to take pictures on that other truck LOL

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, this is why.

Rolled it 2 3/4 times last november. Couldnt let her die, so were stripping her and putting a new body on.
Oh yea, it was running on its side for 30 sec, and we started it the next day and drove it around the yard like that. HAHA ;Sweet
Now thats built ford tough.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture he's needin'.

You want the bottom one, but compare what you have to both.

And This might help some too. Look at the bottom near the alternator...

Zigg :)

Attachments

• Wiring%20diag%20for%20glow%20circuit%20for%206.9.jpg
    Wiring%20diag%20for%20glow%20circuit%20for%206.9.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 7

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Okay,
After cooling down a few days I got my head clear again and worked on it again tonight for acouple hours.
I compaired the harnesses readings on my red truck to the readings from my brown truck (the one thats a low milage original truck) and they all were coming out the same. So I hotwired the regulator and it was toast. So I pulled one from another truck and everything is running, I believe, as they should be. It runs a constant 13.98 Volts at idle and 14 open throttle.
But as before, it would always do this, run perfect with no signs of anything shorting or anything, then in a couple weeks it will stop charging completely, then overcharge the crap out of everything again.

BUT we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online