Flywheel Question?

jlpdemag

Reaction score
Hey guys some of the folks at the IH site I am active on suggested I ask for your help on this. I just purchased a used 1988 7.3 IDI for a project Scout of mine. The motor was in the truck when pulled but the trans and tcase were in the bed of the truck when the PO bought it. I bought it all. The motor had the Dual Mass Flywheel on it when pulled. The springs are trashed on it, and from what I have read this was the stock application. In the bed of the truck with the transmission is a Solid flywheel. It will bolt up and also appears to be correct. Question is how do I know if it will work or not? The only numbers I can find on it are as follows:
1803217 C1 B
also has O221L

If anyone can shed light on these part numbers/casting numbers that would help a ton.

John

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like it's a t19 flywheel. somewhere around here there's pics of the two different solid flywheels. I'll have to dig it up later when I get home.

jlpdemag

Reaction score
Thanks. That sounds right since the trans in the back is a T-19. Verified by the casting numbers in the side of the trans. So, if that is the case can I just bolt up the solid T-19 flywheel and the T-19 and go to town?

jlpdemag

Reaction score
I would love to have a 5 or 6 speed but my install is in a '63 Scout 80. Current plan is to run the 7.3 IDI with the T-19 into a NP203 gear case mounted to a Chevy NP 205 for the passenger drop. This should be PLENTY of power for a little 80. I don't know if it's bad form to post links to another forum or not. If not let me know as I have a build thread going on it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a 5 or 6 speed but my install is in a '63 Scout 80. Current plan is to run the 7.3 IDI with the T-19 into a NP203 gear case mounted to a Chevy NP 205 for the passenger drop. This should be PLENTY of power for a little 80. I don't know if it's bad form to post links to another forum or not. If not let me know as I have a build thread going on it.
there's no problems with a linky to another site.
BUT....I do highly encourage you to make use of the "diesel conversion" subsection here to post about your buildup to get us up to speed;Sweet

jlpdemag

Reaction score
Here's the link to the build thread over on the IH Binder Bulletin Forum:
clicky

The thread is geared towards the IH/Scout folks. I'll work on a diesel repower thread for the forum here covering the mods and install of the drivetrain in the IH platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes