Finished

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ron, yes I do they are the same as before I checked again just in case.

I got it running now, I drained the Lucas fluid then started the engine and refilled it slowly with valvoline ps fluid and it is running now. I when out for a test ride and drives very nice. Only thing is the clutch is it possible it doesn't sit all the way even on the stock flywheel and pressure plate? I didn't change anything there I just rebuild the getrag and put it all back together but I can smell it burning a bit and wonder if it is possible to bleed the lines too well and the clutch won't sit all the way cookoo:dunno. Drives nice and feels strong, I need to drive around a bit to make sure I'm sure.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Could just be where the clutch has sat around, a greasy fingerprint, something like that. I'd drive it a little to see if it clears up. Does it feel like it's slipping when you make it pull harder than just driving down the road?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Sorry My mistake it is both front brake calipers, I replaced them before bc of this same problem if I don't drive for a couple months they freeze now I hope I don't need to buy a pair again and find a way to un-freeze them cookoo I started a thread for this on the IDI forum.

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
update

Well I have finally put some miles on the engine, towed a 7k trailer with some wind resistance. I like the way the engine runs when loaded sounds calm (if there is such thing) and had no problem to keep 65mph even up some long hills. The best part a dog ge guy was besides Me and thought this was a common ford truck, he found out there was something different about this old truck :D. Followed Me for miles until he figured the sound of the engine pulling hard was not like a v8. Boost under load is about 20lbs the pump is mildly turned up.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Sounds like you gots most of the bugs worked out Zeke ;Sweet

After all that , the power steering glitch is nutin' to sweat over....the eng starts and runs, the tranny shifts :hail

You are doing fine :cheers: :D

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You.

Geo, the ps pump started working again out of nowhere, I drained the Lucas and put regular ps fluid then start the engine and it was back ON then I added some Lucas. For some reason this pumps won't work well at low rpms at least not when they aren't bleed before and the brake problem was a return hose now flowing well but it is all working well now.

Travis, the stacks are on alright and no muffler. Man this thing is loud I can hardly hear anything else so I'll put some acoustic insulation on the cab very soon. I just can't get enough of that engine sound when I step on the skinny pedal and then just bleep jumps like a torpedo. The 4.10 sure help. I did that a few times yesterday but I'm still testing the reliability of the drive train so I'll go easy on it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations EZ. THat was quite a project considering you had to do it outside without even a decent concrete pad to sit on. Truely the "Shade Tree Mechanic" you are. ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You Mel I wish I had a nice concrete driveway but that was not possible for this project. Funny part is today I finished the padding for My driveway I will be done with the driveway this coming week. I'll provably never build a garage on this house since the zoning won't allow a big one so I'll provably just leave it as a nice driveway.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats EZ!;Sweet Glad to hear you've gotten it all finished and on the road. Hope to see it at the rally this year.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online