find the knock help needed

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a knock/ leak. the front pass side of the engine you can hear a knock ( my buddy says its a air leak). yesterday when i cracked the front pass injector the engine did not change, tonite i put a new injector in and now the noise goes away a good bit. as for the part im confused about, my buddy swears its the headgasket coming out in the front of the engine, but i have not seen any other signs like oil and coolant mixing, or a loss of power.

long story short im finally stumped any suggestions?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Spray something around that injector and glow plug. It'll bubble If it's leaking.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got ya never though of the the copper washer did not come out. im assuming its pretty bad shape, im gonna dig it out tomorrow.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

heres a vid you can also hear an exhaust leak in this vid ignore that its solved now

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't know, that almost sounds more metallic. Like lifter, valve, connecting rod, etc.
But of course, video always changes the sounds vs In person.
If it's a hg, you should be able to feel air shooting out somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya my buddy says he feels it, but i cannot. the chances of a hg blowing the firering out and not going to a coolant or oil passage is low. also the truck has ran like this for a while, to md and back plus more trips.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya im stumped on that one, but ill figure it out sometime ust got to move the ttruck friday as im moving

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online