Finally got some pics of the new truck

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you did good for $900. Clean her up and drive the wheels off of it. I bought a 1986 for $1800 that really wasn't much better.

Archie

Last edited:

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
he mad he spent 900 on that?...high standards?

+1 the fact that it runs and has a good interior/body (mostly) makes it worth easily 2X that around here, probbly closer to 3X (clean with high milage is $2-3k when NA)

zacky6661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he mad he spent 900 on that?...high standards?

I guess you could say such, I know its in pretty dang good condition, I'm just mostly disappointed how it runs. My old 84 that I only paid $1k for had damn near a brand new engine it seemed, zero blow-by, started first time every time with less than a seconds cranking, and for having 3.55 gears that thing would sh*t 'n git compared to this one.

This one has a ton more blow-by, wont start AT ALL if its warmed up, more lethargic than a prius, leaks like a siv, crappy intake ( I just noticed tonight that when I rev it from the IP I can literally watch the sponge-like filter element nearly get sucked into the engine -_- ).

I don't make a ton of money, so the truck is going to spend more of its time sitting while I get money just to get it running right. The IP is what I'm most worried about changing, mainly because of cost and I've never done it.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
dont sweat the ip change. its not that hard just take your time and make sure to keep everything clean. read mels write up on it. it helped me out alot. i had it pulled up on my phone the whole time and if i had a question i just re read it.

Wanderin

Reaction score
Leaky.

You must be registered for see images attach

Up here in the "Salt Belt"....we call that an "Automated Rust Prevention System" ;Sweet

Thats a great find in my book. I would have paid 1k for that just for a parts truck. When i do find a parts truck i will post a few pics so you see how lucky you are.

- Pat

zacky6661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up here in the "Salt Belt"....we call that an "Automated Rust Prevention System" ;Sweet

Thats a great find in my book. I would have paid 1k for that just for a parts truck. When i do find a parts truck i will post a few pics so you see how lucky you are.

- Pat

No kidding! I have yet to find any rust on the frame, mainly because theres oil all over it. Only rust so far is surface on a few parts (like the brake caliper in the above pic) and the exhaust.

Can't wait to do the exhaust after I get it running right, My old 84 had a 4" mandrel bent system off an 06 dodge, I left the muffler out of the system so my GF would know when I'm on my way home ;)

zacky6661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And quite honestly I think the underside of that CB mount will work nicely for the Explorer overhead console if I can mod it to sit on a flat surface :)

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
first thing i would do,,it send that air cleaner to the deep six,,and get the stock one back on.....

Agreed! The real problem with that air filter is that the foam is on the inside, It can easily break up and suck down into the motor. Those were terrible on Gassers with a Holly Carb, One Backfire through the carb and that foam was toasted and falling into the motor.

Nice truck for the money!

zacky6661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed! The real problem with that air filter is that the foam is on the inside, It can easily break up and suck down into the motor. Those were terrible on Gassers with a Holly Carb, One Backfire through the carb and that foam was toasted and falling into the motor.

Nice truck for the money!

At an idle, under the hood I can just tap the IP throttle and watch the foam nearly get ripped down into the engine. Can only imagine what it looked like screaming down the freeway with those tiny tires and 4.10s :eek:\

I want to run a custom setup using the factory intake bowl, but run a Y split off the bowl and have the factory hose that goes down to the grille, and then run the hypermax cowl intake too. Lotta ram-air in theory until I poke around a junk engine with a turbo that I'm looking at :sly

Any ideas on that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online