finally at the shop

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i finally found a mechanic a couple weeks ago to work on the 96, had to wait til he had room to get mine in a slot..
alot of Anxiety gone. , Gonna have both heads machined, check for any other GP tips that may be in the passenger side, remove the stuck tip from cyl#4, new Inj. cups out of caution, new seals on the Oil cooler as well, new turbine wheel and new rear main as a rule of thumb since she will be out of the truck for a new oil pan..
And get the Zf5 synchro and that 4th gear issue fixed.. when one needs a working truck the frustration outweighs the cost of fixing one, a mans sanity is more important lol.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're hitting many of the problem areas. Remember to use Beru or Motorcraft GP's.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're hitting many of the problem areas. Remember to use Beru or Motorcraft GP's.
yep i learned a long time ago with a IDI i have never slack on Gp's always go motorcraft.. thats what i was installing when i realized it had autolites that i was replacing and then it went to crap fairly quick lol.. it happens but its in good hands and doing some maintenance for the long run..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online