Faucet Duralift installed

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Got it installed a few days ago and rounded up the air brake fittings and aire brake hose to install it! ;Sweet For under $100 I have a nice clean reliable electric pump!

I made a mount to the factory fuel filter bracket and installed the pump to it, then cut out the metal line that goes from under the cab to the mechanical pump. I ran new 3/8 air brake hose from there directly to the elec. pump and used the air brake compression fitting from the hose to the fitting on the pump. then the top I did the same with the air brake fitting to hose, then got the correct fitting for the filterhead. :D now i'll never worry about it again, IH used air brake hose on the Scout IIs for gas and diesel and it still works great to this day over 30 years later, no cracking or dry rot.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Ron (dsl_dog_catcher) suggested I not mount it to the engine as the vibration may shorten its life, i'll probably take out the bolts and make a rubber isolator out of a piece of mudflap..

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I am installing mine on Friday, but I got barb fittings for the 3/8" fuel line. What size was the thread that went into the fuel filter housing? I got the 1/8"NPT for threading into the pump, but I dont know what to get to screw into the filter housing. Is it 1/4"NPT? Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ron is correct about the engine vibration reducing the life of the pump. Nice location for the pump too. Easy to reach and clean filter on it too.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Looks good, Jon. I keep waiting for my lift pump to give me issues but it hasn't so an electric pump is on hold. Considering what's out there, the duralift pump from Genlightning is a good deal. The air hose is a slick deal too, thanks for sharing.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using any of the OEM lines, shower head pickups, olive seals, AKA anything fuel related from the factory except for the tanks and filter head is a waste of time.
If you need job security go for it.
You will still have issues getting fuel to the IDI with any pump you use.

Replumbing the whole truck is what I found that works and works and works.

Hope you get a chance to install an intercooler on that poor truck.

Javier

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I ordered it through genlighting. http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?24142-Carrier-Pump-Group-Buy

I like it so far! It was cheaper than the holley red, this one has a filter too. Hopefully it'll last longer than the Holley only alive for a few months lol.

Other than the shower head falling apart I've never had fuel system issues.
I never see egts over 1100 and if it is I'm really pounding it hard. I'd like to intercool it but that's not in the cards, just the necessitys to keep it happy. Gotta get the 466 4 door done first!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I noticed in the first pic the return line from the heater has the tee in it going to the bottom of the radiater. I'm sure you have a standard tran so why do you have that line going to the bottom of the radiater. Its design was to warm up the auto trans rigs quicker. Another thing about that line. Just how old it is scares me. Ford used to sell them but that "special line" was over $100.00.....

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I really like the air brake hose and fittings, I may convert mine to that someday.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to those running this pump, how much noise does it make? I got mine installed today (after a few setbacks). it seems to be working well, but it does make some noise. It is mounted on the frame rail under the vehicle and I can hear it running while standing next to the van with the key in the on position, but the engine not running. So does this sound normal?

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my carter p4070, About 8 psi at idle and around 5 at wot... Got it relayed for maximum voltage, Never gave me any trouble...

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
it makes a light ticking\, running you can't hear it one bit. I just ran mine to the old glow plug controller key on power, seems to work great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online