fan clutch.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of people I talk to dont like Autometer gauges but they work fine for me and there prett cheap. Also I owned my truck for 2yrs and the fan never kicked on once. I hauled several heavy loads of wood on 100 mile runs and it never clicked on. The truck never got hot either. I highest I ever saw the temp was 210 when i changed my block heater and forgot to turn the petc09k all the way back in. I have also heard that a electirc fan wont move enough air to keep these engines cool. Then lots of others talk about the conversion.

This truck used to haul 9k sometimes north of that number on a regular basis for the company that owned it from new. Which is why I cannot figure out why this is happening. The first trip I had with the truck i was having tc lockup problems so I was running really high rpms at hwy. Got that fixed and went on another trip with about 5k with no problems and didn't warm up at all really ( I was going off of the ford gauge at that time) but all this excessive heating started when I went for my trip through the mountains on quite a few steeper grades. The trip I just went on I got up to 240-250 and I had maybe 3800 lbs on way back so I dunno :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online